HiSUN strike 250

Discussion in 'Other Brand SXS Discussion' started by strike250, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Trent Cornum

Trent Cornum Starting Member

I checked the shift points and everything appears to be shifting fine. In the owners manual book it even says TopSpeed 25 just wondering how to get rid of the governor I guess if everything is shifting fine 25 is awful slow to try to keep up with the rest of us .

2. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

I have some knowledge about the governor, I will look into it tomorrow if I can. I will keep you up to date. Matt

3. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

Well, It's a Delphi unit, and seems as if it can be accessed and modified. There is a programmer available out there that will allow one to not only read and repair the units codes, but also rewrite some of the code as well. It will assist in engine performance, air and fuel ratios, throttle response, rpm limits, o2 sensors, and timing and more. I have ordered the unit and when it gets here, I will test it out to see just how much I am able to get into the factory writing. I have experience in doing 3d maping with ECM's so I do know something about doing this kind of performance updating and reading. Some other things I am looking at are the size of the throttle body, 34mm, which seems small for the engine size and performance gain. I am also looking at the injector size as well, we should be able to find a larger injector for some much improved throttle response and performance right off the bat. I also have been playing with the TPS, known as the throttle position sensor. This will give a much better throttle response when adjusted.
    I also understand the engine is only 229cc, but still, it should be a much better performer than it currently is in it's OEM package. I would like to see what we can squeeze out of it while still maintaining the reliability factor in it. I have a few more pics while she is apart to see some of the work I am currently doing for those interested. Matt

4. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

In this photo, I wanted to keep the heat away from any hose or wire that could cause a problem like the bigger more popular models that seem to keep catching fire a lot. I have thermo wrapped the exhaust header, water coolant hose, and a wiring harness that are close enough to the exhaust to pick up the heat and alter the actions of that part. I also found a few wires that were not routed properly in my opinion, so I re-routed them to avoid any heat source and make sure they were accessible still. I also found that when the large plastic covers were installed, they seemed to pinch some of the hoses a lot. so I made sure to route them so they would no longer be pinched and were routed smoothly and freely. When changing the oil, I am using Royal Purple 110w30 full synthetic oil. expensive but well worth the investment for this unknown engine. Don't forget to pre load the new filter with a little of the new oil prior to installing it in the oil filter housing. IMG_20160607_143812081_HDR.jpg

5. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

I also found some problems when re-installing the fuel tank back into the unit after replacing the new CV belt. there are a few cables and wires under the fuel tank that can become pinched under the fuel tank that needs attention while installing the tank to prevent them from getting pinched by the tank. In this pic, you can see in the lower left side of the photo, there are some wires and cables running along the frame rails. they sit above the cross members and right under the fuel tank. they consist of the rear brake hose, rear parking brake cable, one wiring harness as well and the throttle cable. there is a place for them to route when the fuel tank is put back in place, you just have to know where to find it. First is to reach around and under the fuel tank and you will find a groove that is there to allow the cables and hoses to allow them to bypass without being pinched down by the fuel tank. I kept the throttle cable aside from this mess as it really should follow along the outside along the fuel tank and up to the throttle body, free of kinks and any pinches. Once the fuel tank is placed down, the tank should feel flat with no rocking as if it is sitting on a wire or cable. Once stable, you should tighten down the two bolts holding down the fuel tank easily to make sure it is still not pinching any of these cables and wires. then tighten down to OEM specs. IMG_20170428_141515678.jpg

6. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

Once the fuel tank is secured, again, check once more to verify they are free and not pinched. The next thing you need to check is IMPORTANT! you must take a good look at the fuel tank vent tube. I found mine was modified from the dealer after it was broken prior to my purchase. He has taken a pipe tube and put some kind of sealant on it and screwed it into my tank. the problem was that it was pointing up towards the bottom of the seat rail and rubbing. Second is the sealant had turned hard and was no longer sealing and started to leak fuel. I also noticed that at any time if this unit was upside down, there was nothing to prevent it from just pouring fuel from the tank! I had to take this hazard and repair it properly right away. I was able to purchase a roll over fuel tank vent valve for off road vehicles for under $20. I also was able to source the correct sealant just for plastic fuel tanks. together the proper repair cost was under $30, and it vents correct and will not leak in case it is upside down. cheap insurance for my family for sure! The one you see here is the old version that I removed and leaked. Check yours soon. IMG_20160622_111846602.jpg

7. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

I also wanted to show you my mounting for my front light bar. The bar diameter is 1.5 inch. these brackets seemed to work pretty well. I found some stainless steel bolts and spacers locally. The thread size on this light bar was 1/4x28 just in case wanted to know. IMG_20170428_141506247.jpg

8. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

Here are some more close up pics of my front lift kit design. 2" kit, with spacers and powdered steel laser cut plates. These just show more about how they are mounted, and really how easy they are to mount. I still have a few of these kits left which fit most of the 200 to 250 chinese UTV versions. Not bad for only 59 bucks. No special tools needed, No drilling, all nuts and bolts supplied with the kit. Just bolt on and go riding! Sorry, it only comes in red lol. IMG_20170506_161416355.jpg IMG_20170506_161435649_HDR.jpg IMG_20170506_161445541.jpg IMG_20170401_164831391_HDR.jpg

9. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

Last but not least, here is a pic of my new updated dash. Just some custom carbon fiber mods to the dash to ass some modern flair and class. Hope you enjoy. IMG_20170510_184040427_HDR.jpg

10. strike250

strike250 Regular Member

Top Poster Of Month

Just wanted to let you all know I started a web site just for the chinese small engine UTVs. It is not a business website rather a site to share information and mods. I have also linked this forum there as well. You can get there at www.250utv.com
    Matt