Welcome to the SideXside World, SSW, A family friendly UTV forum for enthusiasts of side by side UTVs, hunting, handguns, guns and shooting. Polaris Ranger, RZR, Arctic Cat Prowler, Yamaha Rhino, Kawasaki Teryx, Can-Am, and Mule, Orv riding places by state, SXS Videos, pictures. a PRC Affiliate.

Side X Side World Forum Index Side X Side World
© 2013 PRC Ranger Club, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Side X Side World Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   RegisterRegister   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New Year's Glamis Pic's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orca
Veteran Member

Name: Dennis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: New Year's Glamis Pic's Reply with quote

Just a few pictures of the http://www.americansandassociation.org/ monster ride on Dec 31st which started at Wash 20 at 9am. There were 4 sand rails, 2 bikes, 2 side X sides and 26 quads. The morning portion of the ride went for 49 miles and stretched for a quarter of a mile with 32 riders., an awsome view from the back of the group. The clean up rider had his hands full trying to keep this group together. Our average speed was 22 mph.

The start of the "monster ride"

A rest stop

some of the dunes

Here come the buggy's

Just me ....a pause at "Lizzard hill"

I'll post some video and more pic's later

Dennis

RZRRich
SSW Director of Research and Information

Name: Rich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, That's awsome bud Cool !! Looks like the gang had a great time and it looks like you've got all kinds of trick machines in there. Let the gang know that they are more than welcome to join us here and share all of those good times and pics with us at anytime. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to experiencing more of the same in the future !! Very Happy Wink
orca
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to share... I don't remember the name of the white "thing" in the attached picture but it has a Tyrex engine with a turbo and is very very fast. Not real good on gas mileage, about 6-7 mpg. Only weighs 700 lbs. It only seats one person but very quick.

Dennis

dlg
Starting Member

Name: David

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orca wrote:
Happy to share... I don't remember the name of the white "thing" in the attached picture but it has a Tyrex engine with a turbo and is very very fast. Not real good on gas mileage, about 6-7 mpg. Only weighs 700 lbs. It only seats one person but very quick.

The "white thing" is a Drakart -- it looks a lot like one a friend of mine once owned, might be the same car.

I was also at Glamis for New Years, what did you think of the earthquake?
slane01

Name: Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like alot of fun out there gentlemen, all sorts of off road vehicles. Thanks for sharing.
SideXside World Member #152

orca
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlg wrote:
orca wrote:

The "white thing" is a Drakart -- it looks a lot like one a friend of mine once owned, might be the same car.

I was also at Glamis for New Years, what did you think of the earthquake?

The earthquake was quite a deal huh! Shocked We were sitting in the 5th wheeler when it happened and we first thought the wind was causing the rig to shake and fell off the stablizer jacks, my daughter started screaming, as you know it lasted for a few seconds, George, her husband was outside and said the ground really shook!
Your right, the white thing is a Drakart, the fellow that owns it is Eric and has owned it for awhile. All I know is that thing with the turbo was faster than my RZR-S.
We were camped at wash 24, where do you camp? We are going out again the weekend of the 16th-18th for the cleanup.

Dennis

dlg
Starting Member

Name: David

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Dennis, similar story here. We were sitting in my buddy’s coach and my first thought was the generator was throwing a fit. When the after-shock hit I was looking out the front window and you could actually see the ground ripple. The funny part was for the California guys camped next to us it was business as usual while us mid-westerners were like “what the *&#@ just happened ?!”

My wife and I were just ride alongs so I don’t know much about where we camped. I overheard “2.5 mile” a couple times --does that mean anything to you?
I do know we were camped next to the Buckshot crew… man what cool cars those are! Rumor had it the black “Monster” car was going to the middle-east for $350,000. Glamis is a 30+ hour drive for us so I don’t get there too often.

Thanks for volunteering for the clean up weekend – hope the mess isn’t ours. Smile

David
Pops
SSW Support Staff

Name: Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great piictures thanks

10 RZR-S Orange Madness
08 RZR (Still red) FOR NOW,
2005 Ranger 500 4X4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Side X Side World Forum Index -> Sand Box All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: