Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of my gauge reading reading empty with gallons to go so I took my pump assembly out and discovered that Polaris is using the wrong size arm for the float in the tank. It is too long and the float hits the back of the tank when you set the float to the correct height. I had to reverse the bend in the float arm and arch it so it has a length of 8 inches total from the 90º bend at sending unit to the center of the float itself. Then with the pump assembly in the upright position on a table I made sure the arch in the arm ended with an inch and a half of space between the table and the bottom of the float. My gauge now starts flashing empty with about two and a half inches of fuel in the bottom of the tank instead of almost 5. There is a trade off though because of the size of the tank and the way the unit is mounted that it will also read full longer before the gauge starts to move but when it says empty its pretty darn close.i took me about 6 times of pulling the unit to get it right and a little tip is to put silicone on the threads for the pump ring so it will screw down nice and smooth and you'll get the tightest seal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ,Unfortunately like I said theres always a trade off. The tank would need to be wider for the arm to get the throw it needs to properly show full and empty. The arm has to be too short because of the tank dimensions. I just put 5 gallons in and now my tank went from "E" to "F" and theres still that other few gallons to go in there before its truly full. So if you want to know when its empty you won't know when its full because it will read full to about 2/3 of a tank in my guess but "E" will truly be empty! Nothing is ever just that simple..... The pivot of the sending unit is about 2 1/2" too low on the sending unit and I see no way to remount it higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts