Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Pig That is....The Southern BBQ Boys that catered the hog roast said the Pigs name was Hickory...He Tasted awful darn good :mrgreen: 8)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I was up there admiring it and saw one lady snarl up her nose and overheard her say that "there was NO WAY she was eating THAT!". I just had to walk away :lol: .

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
commanderjjones said:
I was up there admiring it and saw one lady snarl up her nose and overheard her say that "there was NO WAY she was eating THAT!". I just had to walk away :lol: .

Hmm, that must have been why there was more for me :mrgreen: :shock: 8) :D :D

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was pretty funny, I had my boy Aidan with me with they pulled the Hog out of the cooker and layed it out in the table. As soon as the one guy polked it with the fork or knife, the other BBQ guy made a squealing noise.

Aidan looked at me and asked, "Dad, what was that noise?" I said it was the pig, he squealed when it got polked.....he got a puzzled look on his face and couldn't believe it. Anyways, we left the rally at 9 pm that nite and started driving home. At about midnight, Aidan and I were talking and he brought up, the Geez, I cannot believe that pig squealed when they polked him, he said that was so funny, and asked, how does that pig squeal if its been in the cooker all nite.

It was pretty funny and brought a smile to my face. I then had to explain that it was one of the BBQ guys that made the squealing noise.....Then he said geez, the bBQ guy tricked me, that was pretty funny.

That was another good memory banked in my head from the PRC trip.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That's funny :lol: . You know the expression that "kids say the darndest things". Mine never cease to crack me up.....seems like there's something new everyday. :D

Reminds me of a story. We were coming home after church a couple of months ago....right before Easter. There were 3 crosses in front of a church and my oldest daughter Olivia said, "That's the cross where Jesus died" (which made me feel good that she remembered). So then Chloe looked at her and in a very serious voice said, "Jesus died in Harriman :?: ". I laughed so hard I literally had to pull over. That's been something we've joked about for the last 2 months :lol:.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Well the pig was good the company was better, I hope everybody is still around for the next Rally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts