Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
proudly announces our 2014 SSW Camping Jamboree.

Hello SSW members and fellow SXS enthusiasts.
The entire SSW staff is pleased to announce that we are organizing a Camping Jamboree. This will be open to any SSW member and their family with no registration fee, although, we do ask that you post / confirm attendance with the number of attendees (below) so that we can give Windrock a count of the number of participants to expect.

Our disclaimer:
This will be an "unofficial / unsanctioned" event hosted and organized as a camping event by the SSW Staff. If you choose to ride, there will be plenty of opportunity for that, but, the SSW Staff assumes no liability in that action. The trail rides are simply members riding alone or in groups and are not part of the official SSW camping event. SSW will simply be the avenue used to promote the event. We have some members that are very familiar with the trails to lead us on rides, or you can ride on your own. The trail system is marked fairly well and can be easily navigated with the use of a Coal Creek OHV map (see info below).

This will be a great opportunity to meet fellow SSW members at one of the east's premier riding destinations, located in the beautiful Cumberland mountains of east TN. We are certain that the time and fellowship spent with new and old friends will not soon be forgotten.

WHAT: 2014 SSW Camping Jamboree
WHERE: Windrock Park (Coal Creek OHV Area / Oliver Springs, TN. 37840)
WHEN: July 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th, 2014 ('Early Birds' will start arriving July 7th)
WHO: ALL SSW members are invited (You must be a registered member of SSW to attend)

There will be great fellowship and meet/greet opportunities with fellow members, as well as plenty of non-sanctioned riding.
Rides will be offered Thursday July 10th, Friday July 11th, and Saturday July 12th.
We are not planning any rides on Sunday July 13th, since most members will be departing that morning. (check-out time is 11:00 a.m.)

We will be hosting a "Meet & Greet" dinner on Wednesday 7/9 (6:00pm Meeting / 7:00pm Dinner) at the pavillion, with the entire SSW staff preparing and serving a meal for all. The menu will include 'burgers & 'dogs, potatoe salad, baked beans, cole slaw and there are certain to be other items brought and volunteered to pass around. We will also make smores and roast marshmellows for the kids (and adults) after dinner. All are encouraged to attend and share a great meal and fellowship around the campfire. I'm sorry, but the Meet & Greet dinner has been cancelled. Please visit the following link for details. http://www.sidexsideworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=28016

For those wanting even more camping and riding, 'Early Birds' will begin arriving Monday July 7th (or sooner) and staying the entire week.
You can make your reservations by contacting Windrock Park campground at: (865) 435-1251 (Vicki / Connie)
Windrock's website: http://www.windrockpark.com/ .
Campground map: http://www.windrockpark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/WindrockPark-2010.pdf .

Although you are welcome to camp wherever you please, we encourage members to reserve places close to the rest of us. That will help keep us in close proximity for more fellowship opportunities. Most staff members will be making reservations soon, and we will post the general location of those sites once available.

If you choose to ride, remember, ALL vehicle occupants (not just the driver) must possess a Coal Creek OHV riding permit that is available at the campground or trailhead. Maps are available at both locations as well.
Additional trail info is available on their website: http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Permit costs:

Adults: ....... / .... Children, 12 & under:
$17 ... Daily Permit .... $8
$33 ... Two Day ......... $16
$44 ... Three Day ...... $22
$55 ... Four Day ........ $28
$88 ... Annual ........... $44

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or PM:

* Jerry (commanderjjones): http://www.sidexsideworld.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=5457
* Phil (pwm): http://www.sidexsideworld.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=5684

We are really looking forward to this event and getting to meet each and every one of you!

Thank you for your interest and participation, :)

The entire SSW Staff

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well, I guess we know when and where we will be going on vacation this year :D . Lynn, Opal and I will see everyone there. Put us down for two adults and one dog (maybe two, Opal now has a little sister).
Glen

·
4,369 Posts
This is going to be a fun get together and ride! I wish I could make it, but I will be really busy at work during that time. I will be thinking of you all!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just checked my dance card - seems to be open from 1/1/14 through 12/31/14. Can't let Paul talk about me without being there to defend myself :D I'm in!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fswan said:
Just checked my dance card - seems to be open from 1/1/14 through 12/31/14. Can't let Paul talk about me without being there to defend myself :D I'm in!
Hahahaha! :lol: Alright......will be good to see ya again, Forde.

I'll start a running list of attendess sometimes this evening (time permitting).

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For ease of reference, I have created a separate sticky to keep a running list of attendees.

I'll be keeping a constant eye on this thread and will update the list as needed, but if I happen to miss your request to be added to the list, please let me know.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Me too! I'll be camping this time. No idea on arrival yet.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha, Dave.

I forgot that Curt has a camper now. I had him tentatively listed in a cabin. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you guys. 8)

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Gotcha, Dave.

I forgot that Curt has a camper now. I had him tentatively listed in a cabin. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you guys. 8)
Can't come soon enough.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kscfire said:
If all works out, I'll bring the enclosed trailer and just camp in it. Once I know more I'll let you know.
Sounds good, Paul.

If everyone will let me know once you confirm the number in your party and/or a campsite, I'll update the list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jamboree Bound

We are planning to attend. There will be 4 adults, two Rangers. We have reserved Cabin #16 and will arrive July 9. Already preparing! Thanks to all of the Staff and organizers. Anticipation will make for a shorter winter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cool. Dont think I will be camping any but it would be a great opportunity to meet some of you guys and get in a ride and maybe hang out some.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Jamboree Bound

LTB said:
We are planning to attend. There will be 4 adults, two Rangers. We have reserved Cabin #16 and will arrive July 9. Already preparing! Thanks to all of the Staff and organizers. Anticipation will make for a shorter winter.
Welcome to SSW, Leo. :)

I've added you to the list and am looking forward to meeting you.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jerrzr said:
Cool. Dont think I will be camping any but it would be a great opportunity to meet some of you guys and get in a ride and maybe hang out some.
Yeah, come hang out with us Jerry. We had a great time last year and I'm sure this year will be even better.

We need to hook up for a ride sometime after the holidays (and deer season :lol: ) are over. You'd probably get a kick out of seeing the girls ride their bikes. They have gotten pretty good for their size and considering they've only been riding for a year. 8)

1 - 20 of 134 Posts