Side X Side World Forums banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Pressure Drop said:
I will be at RRB from the 6-9th on the 9th I will show up at Windrock. We decided on two parks this trip.
Cool. If y'all get bored over at RRB, just come on over.......we'll be there on the 6th, all the way through the 13th.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Although I posted an announcement about this, I wanted to make sure that everyone following this thread will see it. So I have pasted it below:

Folks, I have toiled about this for a couple of weeks now and have waited to mention changing it, in hopes that we might get an influx of "last minute" signups........but I have pretty much decided to cancel the dinner.

There are a few reasons, and not necessarily in this order:
(1) At present, we only have about 10 parties confirmed.
(2) Of those 10, it looks like only 4 of us will be there on that date....although there are a couple who have not confirmed arrival/departure dates yet.
(3) It looks like Dave will be the only other SSW staff member there to assist on that date.

It just doesn't make sense to drag that stuff over to the pavillion, only to cook for 4 parties. Dave and I both have families and will be cooking anyway, so I'll just extend an offer to Paul, Kamen and Storm (if they make it in time), and anyone else that might be there on Wednesday evening to eat with us. I'll already be cooking for my 5 (possibly more if the nieces or nephews come), and Dave will have his 5 (possibly an extra), so I think that throwing an extra couple of burgers and dogs on the grill will be easier and simpler than trying to make an event out of this.

Dave and I will be camped in RV sites A-16 and A-17, so please feel free to come eat with us on Wednesday evening. Even if you're not hungry, and no matter which night, please stop by and let me know you're here and introduce yourselves.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
kscfire said:
Jerry,
Let me know if you want me to bring anything, side items, drinks, dessert, etc.
Thanks, Paul. We'll coordinate something when the time draws nearer.

·
Registered
511 Posts
commanderjjones said:
gemery said:
We are gonna miss you guys this year. I sure do not like being unable to go this year, maybe next time. Lynn had her left knee replaced in March and is getting the right knee replaced tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the Jamboree, and has a blast while they are there, we did last time.
We're gonna miss you guys. Tell Lynn that I hope she recovers quickly.
Thank you Jerry. All went well with the surgery and she should come home tomorrow. Opal and Odie miss their mom and will be happy to see her.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
We have cabin 10 reserved. It's the last small cabin available. The big cabins were already gone.

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
carnivore said:
We have cabin 10 reserved. It's the last small cabin available. The big cabins were already gone.
It's about time. :lol: When are you coming down?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Be there sometime Wed. Not sure if it will be early or late.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Excellent. I'm glad you finally confirmed.....I was starting to get worried. :lol:

Are the grandkids coming?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Excellent. I'm glad you finally confirmed.....I was starting to get worried. :lol:

Are the grandkids coming?
Yes, it will be the 4 of us. Arrive sometime on the 9th, leave the 13th.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
We're barely more than 2 weeks away. 8)

Anybody else getting excited yet? :D

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
abkdad3 said:
17 days for us. :D Can't wait!
I heard that you still have some double-tote testing to do. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are we there yet? I head to Florida in 7 days, drive back on Monday the 7th, then head up to Windrock on the 8th. A double vacation.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I "finished" the camper (for now) on Saturday. Didn't get around to servicing the motorcycle as I intended to on Sunday (Hunter and I went fishing), so I'm gonna work on that tonight. Right now, it's parked in the middle of the living room (which Carol is loving.......NOT :lol: ).

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
My wife has access to far too many firearms for me to consider working on a bike in the living room.......

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Got the fluids changed, cables and controls adjusted last night. Tonight I'll be installing new front and rear tires, and checking brake pads and wheel bearings. Tire changes can be aggravating, so this might run into tomorrow night as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
curt how long of a drive from metro airport to windrock, &miles ? .i'll be towing also. do you take 275 or 23 ? thanks .

81 - 100 of 134 Posts