Side X Side World Forums banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
abkdad3 said:
9 more days :D
I'm nearly ready. I have the machines serviced, new A/C unit and inverter in the camper, and most of the gear clean and ready to pack. Gonna load the machines tonight and start loading gear tomorrow. Should have it wrapped it before the weekend is over. What little bit is left, Carol will finish up next week.

I've got to work Monday and Tuesday (possibly Wednesday, but that's doubtful) of next week for our July 4th shutdown, but I'm off until 7/14 after that........11 or 12 days of vacation will do me good. :D

I can't wait! 8)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
lenb said:
curt how long of a drive from metro airport to windrock, &miles ? .i'll be towing also. do you take 275 or 23 ? thanks .
Its got to be about 8 hours from the airport.
I live close to Lansing. I usually take 69 down to Fort Wayne and cut across to 75.

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
commanderjjones said:
abkdad3 said:
9 more days :D
I'm nearly ready. I have the machines serviced, new A/C unit and inverter in the camper, and most of the gear clean and ready to pack. Gonna load the machines tonight and start loading gear tomorrow. Should have it wrapped it before the weekend is over. What little bit is left, Carol will finish up next week.

I've got to work Monday and Tuesday (possibly Wednesday, but that's doubtful) of next week for our July 4th shutdown, but I'm off until 7/14 after that........11 or 12 days of vacation will do me good. :D

I can't wait! 8)
I have a lot still to do. Need to change fluids in RZR and 4 wheeler, put my skid plate back on, finish installing mirrors, install clutch kit and finish graphics if I have time. I hope to get it done this weekend. I also need to but tires on my truck before we leave. I have been stalling on that. It's hard to swallow $1200 on tires. :?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
abkdad3 said:
........I also need to but tires on my truck before we leave. I have been stalling on that. It's hard to swallow $1200 on tires. :?
No kidding....that's painful. Thankfully now that I rarely drive my truck, this set of tires will last me a LONG time. They'll probably have to be replaced due to age before they wear out. Driving the Jetta daily, I'm only putting 2,000 to 3,000 miles a year on the truck now.

I just got off the phone with Dale at DDP and have a clutch kit on the way, so my "to-do" list just grew a little. The kit won't be here until Wednesday or Thursday next week, so that will delay my loading and packing plans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SSW Jamboree 2014

Is the forum membership same as the SSW membership?
We will be at Windrock from the 10th thru the 13th and would like to ride with your group.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Re: SSW Jamboree 2014

CanamDad said:
Is the forum membership same as the SSW membership?
We will be at Windrock from the 10th thru the 13th and would like to ride with your group.
Brian,

You've already joined so that's all you need to do, and I've added you to our list of attendees.

How many are in your group, and what camp or RV site are you in?

Thanks for joining us, and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Jerry

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Brian, Welcome to SSW! We look forward to riding with you!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
CanamDad said:
Me,my wife Carrie,our 2 teenage boys, 2 RZR's and a Maverick, etc. Cabin #9
That's great......glad to have another family join us. Looking forward to meeting you guys. We'll see you next week.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
CanamDad said:
Me,my wife Carrie,our 2 teenage boys, 2 RZR's and a Maverick, etc. Cabin #9
We will be neighbors. I'm in 10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Curt
Is that Silver Lake in the background?
I lived in MI for about 13 years back in the 80's and 90'. I road my quad at Silver Lake back in the day. Good time there.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
CanamDad said:
Hey Curt
Is that Silver Lake in the background?
I lived in MI for about 13 years back in the 80's and 90'. I road my quad at Silver Lake back in the day. Good time there.
Good eye! Yes, its Silver Lake.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Well, I've finished our plant shutdown so I'm not going in today and I don't have to go back until Monday 7/14. Let the vacation and riding begin! :D

I've got a clutch kit coming for the RZR this afternoon. Normally I would install it myself, but I'd have to buy a pair of pullers that will cost $100, plus fab' up a makeshift compression tool. Ritchie Powersports will install it for $125, so I'm taking it to them tomorrow morning. After that's done, I'll be packing everything up to head to WR for the week. Still haven't decided if we're going up Saturday or Sunday morning.....I guess that depends on how late Olivia returns from her mission trip Friday night.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jerry,
See you and everyone else next Tuesday. I'll call or text you Monday afternoon to see if there is anything needed before I head up.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
kscfire said:
Jerry,
See you and everyone else next Tuesday. I'll call or text you Monday afternoon to see if there is anything needed before I head up.
Gotcha. Have a safe trip back from FL.

We may be riding, so if you call and I don't answer, just send me a text or leave a message and I'll call ya back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
storm will be happy a couple teenage boys will be there to hang out with. Jerry if you don't get you clutch installed I will have all my pullers and primary and secondary fixture tools. I will also have my press if anyone has bearings that need replacing.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Thanks for the offer Kamen, but I got it in today. I just took it over to Ritchie Powersports and they installed it in less than an hour for $90 (including tax). It's difficult to tell with just a trip around the block, but the engagement feels much more responsive now. Can't wait to put it to the test. We thought about going up tomorrow, but it's probably pretty crowded with vacationers this weekend, so I think we'll wait until Sunday morning. By the time we get camp set up, most of the crowd will be leaving......then we'll be able to do some riding with less dust and traffic. 8)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts