Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to mount a Tribal Whips LED bar on the front bumper of my RZR4 and move the Checker Auto HIDs up on the front bars of the roll cage. I mounted the HIDs using some Axia Alloy Pillar mounts I had left over from another project. Then I decided to rewire my interior light and lighted whips so everything was on a separate circuit and switch.

I already had a fuse block mounted in the front of the RZR for anything electrical in the front and I added a second one beside the battery so I didn't have to run all the wiring to the battery making everything a little cleaner looking and easier to troubleshoot if needed. The only thing left hooked to the battery are the factory leads, the leads to the two fuse blocks, and the Car to Car Radio (recommended by Rugged Radios).

I have one of the custom switch panels on my want list but it is below the engine mods I want to do. So I went to Radio Shack and found a project box that was big enough to hold the three switches I needed for the rear circuits and made my own. If I were riding in areas where I needed to ford streams and such I would have to water proof everything, but I don't have that happen much in the dunes.

Anyway what I call Phase 1 is completed and as I can I will replace the Radio Shack switch box with a better one.

These is a shot of the front with the XVision HID Conversions, the LED Bar and the Checker Auto HIDs which had not gotten completely fired up.

It was taken with a camera phone so the quality is not the best.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That's pretty bright. I've not driven a RZR at night, but if the OEM lights on those are anything like the one on the Ranger, that's gonna be a HUGE improvement!. Nice job Glenn. 8)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Yeap, the OEM lights are useless on the RZR's as well Jerry. I added 4 - 4" HID's to mine and they made a world of difference. Each set is on it's own circut / switch also. I just purchased a DDM kit for it but have yet to install it - should have plenty of lighting after that install !! :D 8) :wink:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RZRRich said:
Yeap, the OEM lights are useless on the RZR's as well Jerry. I added 4 - 4" HID's to mine and they made a world of difference. Each set is on it's own circut / switch also. I just purchased a DDM kit for it but have yet to install it - should have plenty of lighting after that install !! :D 8) :wink:
On one of our first long rides at Cinder Hills in AZ the right front tire picked up a pretty good size broken branch and threw it into the headlight housing pulling out the bulb and breaking it. Instead of replacing with a stock bulb I picked up a set of HID conversions. I opted for the VisionX conversions, I had them on my Ranger and they were great. I picked them up locally from Super Duty HQ an off road shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts