Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poker run april 17th ubly fox hunters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The date is set! The Ubly Fox Hunters Club is having an ORV/ATV poker run April 17th. Noon registration with a 1pm shot gun start. We will be riding on 22 miles of scenic Huron County country roads. The ride will be caravan style to draw attention to our responsible right to ride.

Here is the Huron County ordinance http://www.co.huron.mi.us/documents/...0Ordinance.pdf

Registration fee for adults will be $10, children 14-16 years of age $5.
Prizes will be awarded for the best poker hand for adults & children. ( childern will need to be under direct supervision of a parent or guardian)

There will be other drawings & prizes. Food & beverages will be available at the clubhouse following the ride.

Come join the fun!! Bring your friends & family!!

Ubly Fox Hunters Club
8780 S. Ubly Rd.
Bad Axe, Mi.

You may call me or email for more info.
Dale 989-551-9031 [email protected]

LETS MAKE IT A BIG ONE!!!

Looks/Sounds interesting.

·
4,369 Posts
Dale,

That sounds like a good ride. I am glad to see a ride like that organize. I am going to have to try to make it, since your not too far up the road from me.

Thanks for sharing

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
Here is the info I got back from Dale.

the event starts with registration at noon & the ride beginning at 1pm. We will be touring some of the scenic roads in Huron county. All 4 wheeler orvs are invited. We will have 5 check points where riders will be checked in. We will end up back at the club house were riders will have a chance to win some prizes, share ride experiences & also browse the dealer displays. Food will be available at the club house also. Children riders will need a valid orv saftey ceretificate.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
abkdad3 said:
Hope it warms up for this ride!
I agree! Marie is not liken' the ideal of riding in this cold. Although I did take my Ranger out on Jan 2, this year and the temps were in the low teens. With the windshield, roof and heat that comes up from the seat it was OK. But anytime you get to play on the Ranger is a good time. :D

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Garry said:
abkdad3 said:
Hope it warms up for this ride!
I agree! Marie is not liken' the ideal of riding in this cold. Although I did take my Ranger out on Jan 2, this year and the temps were in the low teens. With the windshield, roof and heat that comes up from the seat it was OK. But anytime you get to play on the Ranger is a good time. :D
Aint that the truth!

·
4,369 Posts
My wife's dog is having a litter of puppies somwhere between the 14th and 18th. I am thinking of registering and if the pups are born on the 14th or 15th, I would be good to go. However, if they are not here yet I would have to postpone since I will need to be home to help with the kids once the puppies start arriving. (My wife Breeds and Shows Portguese Water Dogs all across the country)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Just squeeze her Steve 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
4,369 Posts
carnivore said:
Just squeeze her Steve 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now were talking....Hmm, $2000 for Stud Fee, $1000 for semen collection, & artificial insemination, $500 in multiple tests to determine correct dates to breed dog.....Geez might as well add a C-Section on April 15th, so Hubby can go on a Ranger Ride too, what the heck....

I don't know what the heck ever happened to just getting to dogs together to get a good "Tie On" and do there thing.....This breeding science stuff is expensive :shock:

·
2,248 Posts
I have been talking with Dale the coordinator of this event. Here is the latest response to some questions I had asked.

There is no need to pre register, we will have plenty of room. The address is 8780 S. Ubly rd, bad Axe. The club is about 1 3/4 miles south of m-142 on m-19. ( ubly rd is m-19) So take m-53 into bad Axe & go straight thru the stop light. This will be m-142. You will be heading East. Turn right at the Citgo gas station. That will be m-19. 1 3/4 miles south & the club is on your left.
Where will you be coming from? How many in your party?
We look forward to seeing you!

If you have plans to go could you post a reply with the number of machines and people.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I'll probably be the last minute deciding, it really depends on when my parts are in.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
It doesn't look like my machine will be back together :roll:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heads Up Everyone

Just received this from the host of the Ubly Poker Run that is happening tomorrow 4-17-11………. NOTE ADDRESS CORRECTION

Garry,

Its mostly cloudy, gusty winds but almost 50 here. About the same expected tomorrow. The correct address is 2351 Ubly Rd, bad Axe, Mi. We had it listed incorrectly before. Lots of calls, so it should be a big turn out. This event will happen rain or shine, but I'm praying for sunshine.
Hope to see you tomorrow. Registration will now srart at 11:30 am

Dale

·
2,248 Posts
Here is a link to some info and pictures of last Sunday's ride.

http://ublyfoxhuntersclub.blogspot.com/2011_04_01_archive.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts