Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from the day a few weeks ago when I brought home a 100 dollar Ford Ranger to the day I sold it and bought my current S-10 I had this thought bouncing around in my head... "what if I did get a lock-n-ride box for the 2004 polaris ranger... could I make the accessories fit the pickup?" Well it turns out the S-10's center of bed rail is about 3/4 an inch wide than the centers on the Polaris Ranger Bed... SO I decided I could do this little mod...

First I had to find some material that the lock- n-ride accessories would fit into and lock... Solution pipe nipples! Specifically 1 1/4 pipe nipples. I used 8 inch long ones so that I could cut the threads of the ends. Next i cut two pieces of 16 gauge sheet metal and cut holes through them with a 1 1/2 hole saw. At that point it was just a case of welding the nipples into place. I then decided where on the pickup box I wanted the new lock-n-ride pockets to be and used the same hole saw to cut out the installation points. The next issue was making the lock-n-ride brackets fit the extra width of the S-10. This was accomplished by drilling new holes in the brackets (wider than the stock ones) and cutting from the current hole to them so that there are now slots in either side about 1 1/4 long. Now the lock-n-ride gun scabbard will fir both the Polaris Ranger and the S-10! So now when my hunting partner and I go for short "quick" trips we can through the scabbard on and avoid having to have out rifles across our laps.

and there you have... now it's time to go call some coyotes!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts