Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be cooking some beer battered shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops thsi weekend so I'll post the pics as I go along.

I like to use Aunt Jemima's Buttermilk pancake mix for the beer battered shrimp and I mix it with Bud Light, that seems to work the best although other beers can be utilized. Once you mix the beer and batter keep stirring it until it barely hands on the fork and slowly drips off. Make certain and have the oil nice and hot and dip your shrimp in the batter and carefully place the shrimp in the oil. Once it is golden brown remove the shrimp and enjoy.

For the scallops I like to wrap them in the pre-cooked bacon that you get at walmart and then I add lemon juice over them and salt and pepper to your liking. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes per side. When you flip them over add more lemon juice, this helps keep them moist. You can also grill them and they're absolutely delicious. I'll post some pics as I'm throwing it together.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Cesar said:
I'll be cooking some beer battered shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops thsi weekend so I'll post the pics as I go along.

I like to use Aunt Jemima's Buttermilk pancake mix for the beer battered shrimp and I mix it with Bud Light, that seems to work the best although other beers can be utilized. Once you mix the beer and batter keep stirring it until it barely hands on the fork and slowly drips off. Make certain and have the oil nice and hot and dip your shrimp in the batter and carefully place the shrimp in the oil. Once it is golden brown remove the shrimp and enjoy.

For the scallops I like to wrap them in the pre-cooked bacon that you get at walmart and then I add lemon juice over them and salt and pepper to your liking. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake 350 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes per side. When you flip them over add more lemon juice, this helps keep them moist. You can also grill them and they're absolutely delicious. I'll post some pics as I'm throwing it together.
:shock: :D 8) :wink: (licking lips :D ) Sounds delicious Cesar!!

·
4,369 Posts
I love Seafood....Sounds Awesome. What time it dinner? (need to allow ample time to commute from Michigan :) )

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve come on down, we're having our friends who play in a Bluegrass band coming over as well, so we'll be eating and enjoying a little music. Everyone's welcome. Dinner will be served around 6:30 p.m.

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts
That sounds delicious Cesar, I might have to try that myself!!! I'll have to grill the scallops though or pan fry them because I don't want to stink up the house. My wife does not like fish and my daughter will only touch the breaded flounder we buy at Sams Club!!! That precooked bacon is a good trick though, I knew it had to be good for something!!! :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the precooked bacon because it's easier to wrap the scallops in. that's the only time I use it :wink:

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts
Yeah, that would be the only time I would use the precooked bacon too!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we had a slight change of plans. Instead of the scallops we ended up doing the beer battered shrimp with bacon wrapped venison.
Here are some pics.
This was my work station.

This is the ultra secret ingredient 8), this was developed after years of research in the Himalayas :lol: :lol: It gives it just the right taste.
:lol: :lol:
Mix it with beer, I prefer Budlight, it seems not to bubble up as much. mix it until the batter barely sticks to the mixer.

Fire up your fryer and check the heat by dropping a small dab of the batter mix. If it begins to sizzle the oil is ready.

We used two pounds of large shrimp and we ended up feeding 9 teen agers and 4 adults!

Dip the shrimp in the batter and carefully place it in the oil.

Flip them once the side is golden brown and remove when both sides are golden brown.

I didn't take pictures of the venison but I had it sit in Dale's sauce over night then I wrapped it bacon. I then grilled it and here is the finished product. Venison, shrimp, home grown green beans and tater scuffle with a little pasta and bread.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks good, but you use boil shrimp. Why not raw shrimp?????

·
4,369 Posts
Cesar,

That looks Awesome. I need to try that. My mouth is watering. Venison and Shrimp, what a combination.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GPER said:
I was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to peel and de-vein them 8) Fresh shrimp is awesome as well, just a little more work.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
slane01 said:
Cesar,

That looks Awesome. I need to try that. My mouth is watering. Venison and Shrimp, what a combination.
I call it a little "Country Style" surf and turf.
:lol: :lol:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Looks like you ate good, now I'm hungry

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cesar said:
GPER said:
I was feeling a little lazy and didn't want to peel and de-vein them 8) Fresh shrimp is awesome as well, just a little more work.
It has been awhile, you are right, I forgot about all of that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts