Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Assistant SSW Rally/Event Director
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Everyone must check in at the Brimstone Headquarters for campground/RV reservations, cabin rentals, and daily resort parking permits. Violation of any rule or regulation will result in immediate and/or permanent dismissal from Brimstone.*

Each Brimstone Resort Passholder must wear or have in their possession a “Brimstone Band” while on or accessing the Brimstone trails and facilities.
All Brimstone Resort Passholders must be parked at “Riverside at the Vanderpools” parking area with their resort parking pass installed on rear view mirror or reside at one of the Brimstone sponsored facilities per below:

Brimstone Retreats Grand Vista Hotel

Comfort Inn Big South Fork Cabin Rentals

Wilderness Retreats Cornerstone

Longhorn Ranch Cabin Rental Oneida Guest House

Unique Mountain Getaways Elk Run Cabins

Brimstone Resort Passholders must ride on “marked trails only.” Anyone caught riding on un-marked trails will have riding privileges suspended and/or revoked permanently with no refund.
No littering on trails, campgrounds, or cabin locations. “Pack out what you pack in.”
All OHV riders must operate in a safe and controlled manner respecting the rights of others using the trails and facilities. Anyone riding in an unsafe manner, damaging the property, or risking the safety of others may have riding privileges temporarily or permanently suspended/revoked.
Campfires are only permitted in designated areas on the property, campgrounds and cabin facilities subject to restrictions by owners, management, and governmental entities.
Hunting is by “leasehold” right only. Hunting leases are issued annually and based on availability.
Any vehicle other than an ATV, SXS, or Motorcycle must have general liability insurance in force and covering the vehicle and occupants with limits of no less than $1 Million per occurrence per person with an aggregate of $5 Million. Proof of insurance and certificates of insurance must be provided to Brimstone Recreation, LLC prior to Brimstone Resort Pass purchase and entry of Brimstone properties and/or facilities.
ATV Riders must meet manufacturers’ minimum age and safety requirements.
POSTED speed limit must be followed in designated areas.
Any rules/regulations not included above, implemented at a later date, and posted in the main office to include verbal and nonverbal directives given by Brimstone staff must be adhered to without exception.
Brimstone Resort Passholders must conduct all activities on all the land both owned, nonowned, leased, and/or managed with the utmost caution exercising responsible behavior and with utmost care and respect of the community, environment, and wildlife and in full compliance with all applicable laws of the State of Tennessee now existing or hereafter enacted, and all the rules and regulations promulgated herein.

**Brimstone hereby reserves the exclusive right to temporarily or permanently suspend or revoke the rights of use granted, as evidenced by possession of a “Brimstone Band” resort pass, to any individual or individuals with or without notice. **

http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/plan-your-adventure/brimstone-resort-rules-and-regulations/

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Posted on PRC:
Brimestone changes the rules! Better read before you go!
http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=55420&highlight=

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
BabyWhiteRhino721 said:
.......Glad to see a rule about pack out what you packed in.
If you don't have enough common sense to do that WITHOUT a rule in place, I don't know that the rule will help. :roll:

That's just too much crap for me to care to deal with. I won't be riding there. :!:

·
Registered
179 Posts
commanderjjones said:
BabyWhiteRhino721 said:
.......Glad to see a rule about pack out what you packed in.
If you don't have enough common sense to do that WITHOUT a rule in place, I don't know that the rule will help. :roll:

That's just too much crap for me to care to deal with. I won't be riding there. :!:
Yeah I agree 100% we always pack out what we pack in. and some times even take more out. if we see trash and stuff. Reminds me.. Should put another garbage bag in the box we always take just for when we see stuff.

x2. thats a lot to go thru and deal with for a day. i’ll just go to Royal blue instead. I don’t have to get anything at all, I have my life time sportsman so I’m covered, and we usually park on trail #1 by the shooting rang or power lines.

edit: what i meant by having a rule. is maybe just maybe less people will just drop stuff and leave it on the trails.

·
Registered
179 Posts
RZRRich said:
Hopefully they'll never start that 'crap' at RoyalBlue!
Yeah i personally don’t see that happening. at least on the management area it self. at the camp grounds/resort idk if they have a problem or not. but they are not on the management area property it self. and RB(now it’s really called North Cumberland WMA) it’s all a wildlife management area unlike brimstone. if TWRA did something like that they would have to do it at other WMA’s as well. they already have some rules like no littering and, no drugs. also idk about brimstone. but i’m 99.9999% sure you can get a DUI on atvs even at Royal blue.

my dad retired from TWRA back in september. I know all the officers that work up their, and i really just don’t see anything really changing from the way it is now.

edit: TWRA=Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. they own/ enforce all rules/laws on WMA’s and all hunting/fishing and boating laws.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
BabyWhiteRhino721 said:
......i’ll just go to Royal blue instead. I don’t have to get anything at all, I have my life time sportsman so I’m covered,........
Same here. Me and all 3 kids all have our lifetime sportsmans license, so we're good to go for eternity. 8)

·
Registered
179 Posts
commanderjjones said:
BabyWhiteRhino721 said:
......i’ll just go to Royal blue instead. I don’t have to get anything at all, I have my life time sportsman so I’m covered,........
Same here. Me and all 3 kids all have our lifetime sportsmans license, so we're good to go for eternity. 8)
Heck yeah man! mom and dad got me mine for my 13th birthday. and i think i have already got my use out of it and i just turned 21 jan 28th. between all the stuff i get for hunting and fishing.(wma/ dig game small game/ muzzleloader. Trout stamp. i would have to get everything but duck stamp every year. than if you count all the time to royal blue. also if you ever move out of state you can come back and ride or hunt and don’t have to get anything.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I dont know fellers.

Brimstone quote. "If you are a local resident you are allowed to ride with a valid band. You are still able to come in and ride and get a visitor's day pass and park in our parking area. Please let us know if you have any other questions! We will be happy to help."

Brimstone has some awesome trails and almost every body I know is refusing to go there because of the new policy. Heck, for now you would have that place all by yourself.. :lol:

·
4,369 Posts
Brimstone sure sounds like it is putting a lot of "Red Tape" regulations in place. It is probably not too bad to deal with for the out of town, occasional rider. However, if I was local, I would sure go somewhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts