Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a test drive and short comparison between the Commander XT and The RZR S. I realise the X may have been a closer comparison, but these are the machines I had available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFPWImZPJ4

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great job on vid. Would like to see in the woods, if the CAN AM will hang with rzr.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
leimy said:
Great job on vid. Would like to see in the woods, if the CAN AM will hang with rzr.
I agree, I need to get Can Am to loan me a Commander for a while so I can do a complete test 8)

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Curt,

Excellent job on the reviews!

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
leimy said:
Would like to see it in the woods, if the CAN AM will hang with a rzr.
I can tell you that the Can Am is definitely a bigger machine - physically, than the RZR is. Wider-Longer-Taller and Heavier, but it looks to be a nice machine though.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
92 views and 8 responses????????

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
abkdad3 said:
Nice review Curt. So when you getting one for yourself to modify :lol:
Fun thought!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Watched one in action at our Rally last weekend. It is very fast. I will stick with the RZR fot the woods trails that I frequent though. But If I wanted a machine somewhere between the RZR size and the Ranger and more cc then the new Ranger 500 I would take a serious look at it. I have a freind that is waiting for his to arrive and it will be interesting to see how it acts out in the woods trails. Harvey is a road racer and loves speed so it will get a good testing.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Great video Kurt, it might have been the audio, but the Can Am even sounds more high pitch than the RZR, I guessing that is most the exhaust setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curt,

You did a great job of depicting the differences between these 2 units. As you know I have had an RZR, been out of the "biz" for a while, but looking at getting my feet wet again.

Several weeks ago, I also evaluated the X - XT both 100cc units and might add these comments.

*I am a big guy and the XT suspension just didn't get the job done on the test track we were allowed to rage on.

*Suspension on the X was awesome and this unit drove like a trophy truck, giving me the impression of alot of absorbtion however rolly and somewhat top heavy. Not exactly what I was wanting for myself.

* Power- Incredible as anyone would expect. Good job Can Am

* Being 6' 5" I gotta say I fit better in the RZR units than the X or XT. I kept hitting the outside bar next to the seat with my elbow while flogging the X around the test track and found myself on numerous occassions, trying to move around inside to get in a spot where I wasn't going to get banged up.

*Midwest tight woods - I would take the RZR over the X every day of the week. However, if your wanting a utilitarian type "sport" ride that will haul wood out of your woods, help clean up your flower beds etc and flatout haul in stock form, then go get the can am X. Just don't be 6"5 with 28" long sleeves...LOL

freddy
Have a great day!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great input Freddy!

·
SSW Senior Management
113 Posts
Nice review Curt. It's good to see another player in the market, we benefit from manufacturer competition

1 - 18 of 18 Posts