Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting diesel fuel for my truck today and a guy pulls up hauling this bad boy. I said to him, "Man, if I had that thing I couldn't WAIT for it to snow!" He went on to say this is his second one and he loves them. Its a diesel Bobcat with 4-wheel steer, heat, A/C, bucket seats...WOW!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Man, that is cool. I want one and we don't even get snow down here! :lol:

I wonder what that bad boy costs?

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
commanderjjones said:
Man, that is cool. I want one and we don't even get snow down here! :lol:

I wonder what that bad boy costs?
I don't know what it costs, Jerry...but I'm guessing he's got $20K or better in it. I've never seen a snowblower that big on a unit like this. I'd love to see it throw 2-3 feet of snow.

·
SSW Senior Management
113 Posts
Toolcat 5600, they have been making them for about seven years now.
59 HP Kubota but she will cruise around 18MPH.
List price of a loaded TC with high flow hydraulics, rear pto, cab a/c, 3 pt, bucket, keyless start, larger R4 tires, 2 rear hydraulics, road kit, auxillary hydraulics, attachment control, and power bobtach is about 50K. (actual price is even higher due to shipping costs and surcharges).
CUT of similar size with cab, a/c, FEL, 2 rear remotes, R4 tires, skid steer attachment, front hydraulics, extra rear lights, mirrors etc is probably around 35-40K. The snow blower will run you another 8K

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oneal said:
Toolcat 5600, they have been making them for about seven years now.
59 HP Kubota but she will cruise around 18MPH.
List price of a loaded TC with high flow hydraulics, rear pto, cab a/c, 3 pt, bucket, keyless start, larger R4 tires, 2 rear hydraulics, road kit, auxillary hydraulics, attachment control, and power bobtach is about 50K. (actual price is even higher due to shipping costs and surcharges).
CUT of similar size with cab, a/c, FEL, 2 rear remotes, R4 tires, skid steer attachment, front hydraulics, extra rear lights, mirrors etc is probably around 35-40K. The snow blower will run you another 8K
$50K?!!!!! :shock: Holy Crap! :eek: No thank you....I mean, its cool, but not $50K cool, IMO. Guess I'll just keep shoveling :wink: :roll: :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
If you had a lawncare business and did snow removal in the winter, I could possibly see the justification.........but for the average Joe, a tractor would be a more practical and versatile machine.

But practical or not, I'd still like to take one for a test run. Us southerners don't get to play in the snow that often and that would be a real treat for me.

·
PRC Contributing Manager
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
commanderjjones said:
If you had a lawncare business and did snow removal in the winter, I could possibly see the justification.........but for the average Joe, a tractor would be a more practical and versatile machine.

But practical or not, I'd still like to take one for a test run. Us southerners don't get to play in the snow that often and that would be a real treat for me.
Yes...it would be hard to justify that kind of money for a unit like this unless it was on the go a lot and you had all sorts of attachments for it in order to make it more versatile. I mean, with the blade on the front of my truck, I can move a lot of snow in a relatively short time and then jump out on the highway. Can't do that with a $50K Bobcat. But, like you say, Jerry....it would be a blast to play with :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.