Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Commander 1000XT

The XT™ package offers all the standard Commander 1000 features, PLUS:

4,000-pound [1,814 kg] winch with roller fairlead, wired remote control and integrated remote storage
14-inch cast-aluminum wheels
Maxxis Bighorn∞ 2.0 tires
Heavy-duty front bumper
Rugged bed rails
Mudguards
Analog / digital gauge
Custom steering wheel with brushed aluminum center piece
Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP):
$14,299 US (Yellow), $14,299 US (Red), $14,899 US (Camo)

·
4,369 Posts
That is a nice looking Ride. I wonder why they went with the Bighorn 2.0 versus the standard Bighorn?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
slane01 said:
That is a nice looking Ride. I wonder why they went with the Bighorn 2.0 versus the standard Bighorn?
I was thinking the same thing. With 85HP, it's not like they couldn't turn the standard Bighorns. I was looking at the weight charts a couple of days ago and the weight savings of the 2.0 is very minimal. It was not nearly as much as I would've anticipated......something around 2 pounds on average.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
The "Arrest Me Red" colored one is sharp looking. :shock: If I remember correctly,and correct me if I'm wrong here, the sidewalls on the 2.0's is mainly where they achieved the weight savings.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
RZRRich said:
If I remember correctly,and correct me if I'm wrong here, the sidewalls on the 2.0's is mainly where they achieved the weight savings.
I tried to figure that out, but what little info' that I found wasn't clear. It is still a 6 ply tire, same as the standard Bighorn, so I'm not sure. Originally I thought that the tread was not as tall, but that doesn't appear to be true from the spec's I saw. For only a 2# weight savings, I'll stick with the proven standard ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts