deer video from 2/1/13 | Side X Side World

deer video from 2/1/13

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by commanderjjones, Mar 10, 2013.

1. commanderjjones

commanderjjones SSW Rally/Event Director

I had been hunting a VERY big buck near the house. I didn't get him before season ended and started getting nervous after a big buck got hit by a car less than a mile from where I had seen him. So I hung a trail cam up to see if I could get some footage of him and confirm that he was still alive. I hung the camera around the beginning of January just as season closed, but haven't had the chance to go check it until today. I got 58 videos over the 2 month period, but none of the big guy so I fear that the worst has happened. :(

Although I didn't get any footage of the one I was hoping for, I thought this video was a good clip......and it's promising to see some young bucks to replace him.

One thing that I found intersting is that I have a video from only 2 days ago of a buck that still has his rack. Most have dropped their antlers by now. :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPMJwRIZJD8&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

2. ImogeneLot

ImogeneLot Starting Member

**** Blew a shot on a 4pt this afternoon... he stuck around for about 30 minutes after but I could not get another shot. That was the first sighting of the season...

3. Barbarabut

Barbarabut Starting Member

got a picture up close?

i got this one on the last day of bow
    20 seconds from sight to shot and i had to grab my bow
    luckily i was already standing holding on to the tree in the wind

4. EvelynDaL

EvelynDaL Starting Member

While the rack is a plus, you cant eat it I have 2 doe permits and plan to use them... I think the best tasting meat comes from smaller doe. Dont get me wrong, I would also like to fill the 2 buck tags as well but I think I will be hard pressed to shoot one.

We have approx 500 acres of wild life management land in our back yard that has put out some close to trophy deer in the past. Acorn production is about 1/10 of what it was the past 2 years around here so I am hoping that they will be moving more due to the lack of food.

5. Bethanynic

Bethanynic Starting Member

Anyone going deer hunting this year? I am going to try and make it out for shotgun and archery. We have approx 500 acre of wildlife management land in our backyard zone 9, should be a good year...