Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
I only wear my helment when I have my two year old son with me. Daddy has to be a good role model :D

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Yeah AJ - that reminds me of the time, about 10 yrs ago, when my son asked me: Why do I have to wear a seatbelt and you don't, needless to say, I then started wearing mine all of the time. :D :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I have only worn a helmet in the Ranger when required by event specifications. Although I should probably wear it more often, I don't......just too inconvenient and hot in the summer months. Plus I typically don't do anything extreme.....and when I do, bumping the noggin' probably isn't gonna be a factor. We always have them with us......so if the trail or circumstance makes me feel the need, we can break them out.

Now when I ride a quad or motorcycle......ALWAYS!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Only when competeing, or when its required.

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
RZRRich said:
Yeah AJ - that reminds me of the time, about 10 yrs ago, when my son asked me: Why do I have to wear a seatbelt and you don't, needless to say, I then started wearing mine all of the time. :D :wink:
Luckily, my son is that smart yet! lol :D :roll:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I picked up a couple of helmets for my daughter and I last winter. We have worn them every time we went out this year. Even with it being as hot as it was they weren't too bad to wear.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I wear a helmet when required, but sometime I put it on when I think that I'm fixing to scare myself.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Back when this was originally posted I rarely wore a helmet, but lately ive seen too many videos of head injuries, usually against the roll cage. I now wear a good dual purpose full face helmet that still gives me good air flow.

·
SSW Support Staff
555 Posts
100% of the time or the ride dont start. now i may drive it in and out of teh garage, or a few feet without it whiole working, but any ride is with them. when you have seen teh results of no helmets its pretty cheap insurance. working in surgery in trauma units will show you the results of not wearing it. sad to see people who are brain dead, that would have walked away had it been a helmet involved.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Now that it is law in CA we will be wearing them every ride. I use a older MX helmet but have been trying to find one for the wife that won't mess up her hair :roll: .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.