Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Claudia and I just completed a 4o mile loop on the XP. We stopped at a restaurant for lunch about mid-way. Then we topped off the gas, grabbed a hot coffee to go and headed home.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Where did you go riding at Gary? THat is cool, is it raining up your way?
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
Did you get your Ranger road legal? Or do you have that good of a trail system there?
 

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was riding in Osceola County where it is legal to ride on the non-highways as long as you wear a helmet, use your seatbelt, keep the speed at 25 MPH and stay to the right side of the road as much as possible. Many of the countys up this way have passed similar local ordinances to stimulate the tourist/hunting traffic.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
That is awesome....I wish my county roads were open to UTV's That would be great.
 

·
SSW Support Staff
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time, around here all I would got was a ticket. State owns all the roads, and Virginia is basically against all off-road vehicle on the roads, paved or dirt doesn't matter. But they are starting to realize the money they are loosing because Kentucky, West Virgina and Tennessee are starting to allow more and more traffic on non-highways.
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
I was riding in Osceola County where it is legal to ride on the non-highways as long as you wear a helmet, use your seatbelt, keep the speed at 25 MPH and stay to the right side of the road as much as possible. Many of the countys up this way have passed similar local ordinances to stimulate the tourist/hunting traffic.
I didn't realize they required a helmet in the Rangers.
 

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
Joined
·
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carnivore said:
Gary Lenon said:
I was riding in Osceola County where it is legal to ride on the non-highways as long as you wear a helmet, use your seatbelt, keep the speed at 25 MPH and stay to the right side of the road as much as possible. Many of the countys up this way have passed similar local ordinances to stimulate the tourist/hunting traffic.
I didn't realize they required a helmet in the Rangers.
The State doesn't, but the local ordinance specifys helmet use and it made no exception for utvs. I'm following the ordinance the best I can because I want to do my part to keep the privilege as long as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
You are very fortunate to be able to ride on public streets/roads, in Ca it is just a big no..no.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
orca said:
You are very fortunate to be able to ride on public streets/roads, in Ca it is just a big no..no.
That fact was explained to me in detail by a CHP Officer near Salton Sea. It made no difference that my Ranger was "Street Legal" in AZ. Fortunately he got a call and must have had better things to do so he let me off with a warning.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top