Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your opinion on this? Have you ever seen one of these protests in person? I did and I had to help protect them from an angry crowd.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/07/snyder-pastor-phelps-actions-cause-emotional-stress/?hpt=T2

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Gary Lenon said:
.....and I had to help protect them from an angry crowd..
I don't envy that part of your job, Gary :roll:. I think I'd rather slide down a hill of razor blades on my butt and land in a vat of alcohol. :x

If I had to deal with that while MY son/daughter is being buried, I can see a whole bunch of people getting peppered sprayed. :twisted:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been at my job for almost 24 years, I've had to stand between many angry groups including the KKK and a group of African-Americans, can't think of anyone who hates each other more. However, I think if I was ordered to protect this group while they conducted a protest, I would be retired in the time in took me to type out the letter.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
There aren't many topics that get me much hotter than this one and I've been stewing over it the entire way home from work, so I have to rant a little more.

Things like this are one of the reasons that America is in the sad shape that it is. Sure, they have the right to assemble and freedon of speech, but at what point does that violate the rights of others......and what ever happened to common sense and basic human decency? I understand that there is some gray area with civil rights issues, but these protestors are hassling a family (who, by the way, probably had no influence whatsoever in their loved ones decision to enter the armed forces) during what is probably one of the most agonizing events in their lives. Anyone that would do such a thing is such a morally bankrupt invalid that they don't deserve wasting the saliva to spit on.

While you're trampling my rights to raise a decent Christian family, why don't we just make gay marriage legal in all 50 states so I will have to explain to my children why little Johnny at their school has two daddys (or mommys). Hey, if that's what you wanna do, that's your business.....but keep it at home so you're not warping impressionable minds.

The worst thing about it is that those incompetent protestors have probably not even considered the fact that they wouldn't even HAVE the right to do this without those veterans (and the ones before them) that they ignorantly believe they're so much against. If it wasn't so offensive, their stupidity is almost laughable.

Having to protect trash like that has to be extremely disheartening to you gent's in law enforcement, because I'm certain that you don't approve of what they're doing. I'm not sure whether to applaud your dedication to duty or to feel sorry for you in regards to the scurge to humanity you are routinely forced to protect.

I recommend that they stay in the big cities with their protets. That type of thing isn't gonna go over well with the folks around here in east TN. Around here, many folks just burn their trash. :lol:

I'll get off my high horse and discontinue my rant now. :wink:

·
4,369 Posts
I dont envy any of our law enforcement officers that have to keep peace at events like that. It disgusts me....I could go on and rant.....However, I am 100% with what Jerry said. :evil:

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't know what to expect when I worked my first protested funeral. These guys/gals were chanting "We are glad he's dead!" as the family drove by as they arrived. We had orders "hands off" if they just held signs and chanted, but we had to run a line of officers in front of the protesters to keep the crowd away from them. We certainly didn't want some honest, well minded citizen to go to jail for the rest of his life because he choked the life out of some scumbag.

They were ruthless and tortured the poor family during an already horrible time of their lives.

·
4,369 Posts
If it was my kid laying in a coffin, with a bunch of scumbag protesters....I would be going to jail & some protester would be hurt. There are some things that should just be off limits. These low life piece of crap losers just don't get it

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
You would been seeing me on the news and reading about me in the newspaper .... just before I was locked up in prison. I know they would throw away the key after what I did. :twisted: :!:

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
It is time we ALL stand up and take back this great country! That want to protest send them over to the war zone.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I would call that a form of terrorism.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
How about these Bikers 8) We need more people like this>
http://www.congress.org/news/2010/10/04/bikers_drown_out_westboro_protest

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts