Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my "S" back this afternoon from DragonFire in El Cajon and I am very pleased. :D :) On the pavement this Ride was great,...... now it just keeps pulling and pulling. The acceleration is all I hoped it would be. It really wants to pull the front wheels off the ground, the clutch set up, DDP, seems very close but I'm not going to change anything until I take it to the dunes, "mother Glamis" of course. I did not use the clutch from DragonFire and asked them to call Dale at DDP to assist with the new weights that needed to be added.
I drove it around the property when I got home and then drove the XP for poops and grins and I thought I was dragging an anchor :lol: :lol:.
This unit is manufactured by Garrett Turbos, the exhaust and intake are made by DragonFire.
I will provide ride results after next weekends trip to Glamis.

Couple of pic's during the install.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Looks cool!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Looks great Dennis, can't wait to hear how it does at the dunes!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a brief follow up on the new turbo install:
1. With no intercooler I do run a 50/50 mix of race gas and pump gas.
2. The unit uses a AFE filter with an outer wear
3. The lag is not noticeable at all when moving and very little from a dead stop.
4. I am running 9 1/2 lbs of boost for right now.
5. Test rides at your own risk :lol: :lol:
6. I had them install liquid ice in place of antifreeze for cooling purposes and it runs cooler now then before the turbo install. And the temp Saturday was 91 degrees.
Now for performance....I was only going to ride for one day of testing ...... had soooo much fun .... I road for 2 1/2 days. Burned 16 gallons of fuel in 145 miles. Took me over 2 hours in the dunes to learn to apply throttle. I have so much more power and throttle response I needed to learn to roll the throttle on instead of just flooring it. I can cruse at 50 mph where before I would need to have it floored in the sand.
Before the turbo I would climb a hill called "Olds" and be doing 30 mph at the top, with the turbo I was doing 45 mph 3/4 the way up and did not want to push it too much, eased off the gas and held 45 the rest of the way. Thus far I am very pleased with the install.

·
Registered
748 Posts
wow sounds great Dennis can't wait to ride with you again!!!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Sounds impressive!

·
Registered
67 Posts
can you take a pic of where they have the Barometric Pressure Sensor at. I dont know if it will work under boost. :? I just got my intercooler piping in so going to start on the intake side now. :D

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I dont have a pic handy, but its in the rubber air tube between the air filter and the throttle body. I can see how that may create some issues. There must be a way to trick the system, there are companies doing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
carnivore said:
I dont have a pic handy, but its in the rubber air tube between the air filter and the throttle body. I can see how that may create some issues. There must be a way to trick the system, there are companies doing it.
I know where its at on a stock rzr and ranger just want to know if they move it to the air filter side of the turbo not under boost or it just stay's on the intake tube side where it would be under boost.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
azcity08xp said:
carnivore said:
I know where its at on a stock rzr and ranger just want to know if they move it to the air filter side of the turbo not under boost or it just stay's on the intake tube side where it would be under boost.
That makes sense.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The barometric pressure sensor was removed from the stock position and relocated in the down tube just below the new air filter and before the boost, you do not want it after the boost...too hot. And once again with this unit providing about 65 -70 RWHP, it has all the pwr I feel I need for riding in the dunes. Drag racing or just hill climbing is something different. And I feel not increasing the 6500 RPM limit will allow me the reliability of my ride to be that much more enjoyable. Thus far, I am extremely pleased with the results of the Garrett Turbo installation. If a picture of the sensor is still a need, I can do that for you Chad.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.