Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoPro camera and KW Machine Works mount.

For Christmas I got a GoPro Helmet Hero HD (1080p) camera – I’ve charged the battery so far and need to purchase the 32GB memory card for it yet. I haven’t had the time to officially use it just yet but everything I’ve seen and heard about it shows/tells me it does a awesome job. It comes with everything to mount it to a helmet but I want to be able to mount it to the machine as well. I ordered and just received a mount for it from KW Machine Works that allows me to mount it to the roll cage. I got home from work early today so I was out in the shop playing around with mounting everything – here’s what I’ve come up with so far:

GoPro Helmet Hero HD (1080p) camera:
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-helmet-hero-camera.php

KW Machine Works GoPro camera mount:
http://www.kwmachineworks.com/camera%20mount.htm

Pics of camera without case:

Pics of mount and camera case:

Really looking forward to using this set-up :!: ... :D :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I really need to get one of those. I just can't bring myself to risk dropping my Blackberry in the mud by driving around with it handy to take pic's and video.

·
4,369 Posts
That is pretty sweet Rich. Now you will be able to get all sorts of riding videos. Very Nice Xmas Present :)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
They are really cool. I don't even have the HD model, just the standard unit, and its awesome.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
ATVCamper said:
Went on a New Years Day ride and one of the guys had the HD GoPro. Very rugged little video camera and made some nice videos. You will really enjoy it.
Welcome to SSW, Kim. Glad to have you with us! :)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ATVCamper said:
Went on a New Years Day ride and one of the guys had the HD GoPro. Very rugged little video camera and made some nice videos. You will really enjoy it.
Kim, Welcome to the SSW. Thanks for the feedback on the GoPro - really looking forward to using it.

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
Just got back from snowmobiling and a guy in our group had one, was very cool to see the videos!

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Rich, with that clamp that you got, can you use the lock n ride windshield?

By the way how do you like the camera? Is it doing what you wanted it for?

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrwizardd83 said:
Rich, with that clamp that you got, can you use the lock n ride windshield?
Not without some mods (cutting) to the windshield.

By the way how do you like the camera? Is it doing what you wanted it for?
I haven't had the chance to use it while riding yet - just to run it through it's functions so far. I did get the 32MB card for it also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts