Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much cround clearance do you guys with the regular RZR have? I just installed the Racer Tech lift and I am at 12.5inches. Does that sound about right?

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
How much cround clearance do you guys with the regular RZR have? I just installed the Racer Tech lift and I am at 12.5inches. Does that sound about right?
AJ, I too have just recently installed a 2" Racer Tech lift on my "09" RZR - I'm running 12" wheels with 26.5" Pitbull Rockers but with the OEM shock springs. I don't have my RZR right in front of me at this time but your 12.5" figure sounds about right bud. When I can, I will take an official measurement for you.
A question for you AJ - I see you've just recently added the "HighLifter" springs to your machine - what do you think about them so far?

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really think the highlifter springs made a big difference. They actaully gave my RZR about one inch of ground clearance too. I wish I would have bought them sooner. I cant wait to see how big of a difference it make this winter with the snow plow on the front.

Let me know about your lift when you get a chance.

DID you run into any problems installing your lift? My front wouldnt line up right, so i had to drill a new hole and I was missing a few spacers for the back.

Its all good though, I cant wait to try out the new combo of HL springs and Racer tech lift!

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
I really think the highlifter springs made a big difference. They actaully gave my RZR about one inch of ground clearance too. I wish I would have bought them sooner. I cant wait to see how big of a difference it make this winter with the snow plow on the front.

Let me know about your lift when you get a chance.

DID you run into any problems installing your lift? My front wouldnt line up right, so i had to drill a new hole and I was missing a few spacers for the back.

Its all good though, I cant wait to try out the new combo of HL springs and Racer tech lift!
AJ, is the lift you refer to ? - if so - I had no issues with my installation, not sure what spacers that you're refering to either.
http://goracertech.com/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=65

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
On my 08' I have a pro lift and Highlifter springs and like it, but recently I bought a Racer tech lift and planning on changing to that style. Hopefully I get that much clearance, I was mainly looking for more frame support. Heard from my wife today and the lift has come in and I can't wait to install it and try the system out. I also bought the same lift for the "S" heard good thing about that setup too. We will see.

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was talking about the spacers for the sway bars

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
RZRRich said:
Mrwizardd83 said:
AJ, I too have just recently installed a 2" Racer Tech lift on my "09" RZR - I'm running 12" wheels with 26.5" Pitbull Rockers but with the OEM shock springs. I don't have my RZR right in front of me at this time but your 12.5" figure sounds about right bud. When I can, I will take an official measurement for you.
A question for you AJ - I see you've just recently added the "HighLifter" springs to your machine - what do you think about them so far?
AJ, I just took an official measurement for you to the bottom of my 1/2" UHMW skid plate :D - your 12.5" number is spot on with the reminder that I'm running a 2" Racer Tech lift :D - 12" wheels with 26.5" Pitbull Rockers :D and the OEM shock springs :( .

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
I was talking about the spacers for the sway bars

I don't know if there are any spacer in my kit yet but when I got the pro lift lift, the instructions said to turn the connector around and you will gain your space needed. Been that way for 2 years, I did break my sway bar at RRB last month so I will looking also for the spacers when I start the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.