Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying the Long Arm Kit from Super ATV. Anyone here done it yet?

Specifically, Is the cost, quality and performance improvement really worth installing? Am I better off to just sell the RZR and purchase an "S"?

The obvious answer is by the time I buy the kit , springs and shocks for the std. RZR.... But the difference in my 1500 mile RZR and an "S" is, with tax , about $8K. If possible, I'd like to hear from someone who has DONE it.
Thanks for your response in advance...mike

Converts RZR to RZR S Suspension
5" Long Travel Per Side
Comes with (4) +5 COMPLETE

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just meet a guy this past weekend with that set up. He got the set with the shocks and he said ... "I love it, can't beleive I waited so long to buy it" .... It looked good too. He was running pretty hard and it seem to hold up well also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey, I got to thinking after I made this post and I remebered something.

While riding with this guy, we left the open trails and hit some not so open trails and he couldn't follow. But the S guys couldn't either. The only Rzr's that could go down this one, GREAT trail was the standard Rzr's. Wow, that mades me think ..... hummmm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quadtrax, Thanks for the response!

Helped install power steering on an "S" today. Not too bad of a job. It does require the use of an Angle Drill if you have installed a glovegox.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Saw the guy with the SuperATV set up again, man is that a nice set up. He did talk about changing shock but he really couldn't tell me a straight answer on why he was thinking this, maybe he has to much money.

I talked to Tyler at Super ATV yesturday to order some parts, really nice guy and very helpful. Have not got the parts yet but will update you later.

wirechaser ... Update us on the power steering.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The electric power steering works great on tight twisty trails. You can't seem to out-turn the power motor and with the key off it seems to turn just as easy as stock. That indicates in case of electric unit failure, your riding day does not end.

I drove to SuperATV for new Bandit wheels on Friday and met several of the staff. These folks are riders themselves and share their knowlkedge from firsthand experience. Thanks Lindsey, Casey and Tyler !!
I wanted to get the new wheels and Maxxis Bighorn tires in time for Moab Ut. Leaving on saturday. 4 Rzr' goin but mine is the only non "S".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE on the power steering.......

BAD NEWS !!!

It now works for about 15 minutes at a time then just stops. The diagnostic light sends no code because it will not even light up.

GOOD NEWS !!!!

Unisteer says they will send a new controller no questions asked after explaining the symptoms!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts