Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken CV on my Ranger, and Gorilla does not sell front outer CVs for them :roll: Any suggestions? I need something heavy duty.

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
carnivore said:
I have a broken CV on my Ranger, and Gorilla does not sell front outer CVs for them :roll: Any suggestions? I need something heavy duty.
cant you have one made?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that Gorilla doesn't offer one for it. Is that CV unique to '09? :?:

I have heard that Summer Brothers makes good ones, but I don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Summers Brothers only makes axles not CVs. I can get a complete Gorilla axle for 435 but I already have summers bros. Extended axles with stock CVs and the CVs aren't holding up so I'm looking for CVs to put on them.

·
4,369 Posts
Have you checked out Turner Axles?

http://www.turnercycles.com/index.asp

I heard someone at PRC talking good things about them.

It maybe worth checking out.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent them an email, thanks Steve!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sadly I have been so busy at work I havent done anything, but I will be ordering Turners axles.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Nothing to be sad about if you've got the work bud - take it when it's there !! Do keep us posted when you get the time to work on it though. :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Let us know how they hold up.

How do their prices compare to Gorilla's?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turners are 375.00 in stock length or extended like I have. Gorillas are 435.00 for extended.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I was going to post turner axles, but someone bet me to it. I ran them on 800 sportsman before the 6 inch gorilla lift and loved them. I run a 3 inch RDC lift and the turner axles held up great. Was really pleased with the quality!

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Great info here fella's - when the time comes that I'll need to replace mine I'll be looking at the 'Turner's'. :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got off the phone with them, 3-4 weeks to make them, but they won't even take my credit card until its ready to ship. Jeremy is the guy I dealt with, he seems decent.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
carnivore said:
I just got off the phone with them, 3-4 weeks to make them, but they won't even take my credit card until its ready to ship. Jeremy is the guy I dealt with, he seems decent.
Good new's indeed, sounds like they're a 'Stand-up' company to deal with. :wink:

·
4,369 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about Turner Axles. They definitely seem to be pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts