Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Well, shamefully to say, I do not :oops: ....unless they are required and they are not in most of the areas that I ride. But I also use common sense. If I were gonna act crazy and push the limit, I'd strap on the skull bucket.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Re: Helmet on trails?

rickg said:
Who wears a helmet when on the trails in your SXS?
Rick, the wife and I do when we ride with our granddaughter. Around the farm I usually don't. We do however, wear seatbelts most of the time.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Re: Helmet on trails?

rickg said:
Who wears a helmet when on the trails in your SXS?
We always wear helmets. I installed 5pt harness's in the RZR as well, if just taking it easy we just use the lap belts - if getting serious we strap in. :wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep sir I wear mine. A roll over could have the same results as a Jeep rollover hitting your head on the side.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We wear them all the time , the kids don't even get in their seats without one on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't always wear one but I know I should. With a roll cage there doesn't need to be a wreck or roll over to get head injuries. A sudden unexpected drop off or potthole can slam your head into the roll bar or cage. Ouch

Buckle up Dudes 8)

Bob H.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I asked this question is my wife demanded a helmet. I didn't think I needed one. I bought one today :oops:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
My wife wears her's most of the time, I don't most of the time unless I scare myself or the rules of the trail system said I have to wear a helmet.

·
4,369 Posts
I don't were a helmet unless I have too. Not a good example for my kids though. My Kids just buckle in when riding around my yard, but they were helmets on the trail.

My head hits my roof if i have a Helmet on, so I don't really care for it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought two helmets for my daughter and I last winter and we wore them every time we went out last summer. With the weather being as hot as it was I thought it would be uncomfortable and hot. I did get the ones that had vents in them and they weren't as hot as I thought it would be. My daughter never even complained about hers.

They are kind of awkward banging off of the cage getting in or out, but it doesn't hurt :mrgreen: .They do limit your visibility, but you just have to turn your head more. We have no plans to stop wearing ours, they can't hurt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Usually not into wearing them

We don't wear them when we ride. If we were to go somewhere where they are required then of course we would. We know the trails we ride on all the time really well and feel comfortable not wearing helmets.

We always wore helmets when we had a motorcycle but haven't really given too much thought about getting some to use when we are riding the Ranger.

We have friends who wear helmets, have 5 pt harnesses etc on their rangers and if that's what makes them feel comfortable then I can respect that. I just think I would feel a bit confined wearing a helmet all the time.

·
Registered
748 Posts
We have full face motorcycle type helmets with visors for the grandsons with the intercom mike and ear pieces installed. They work great, my wife and I have the same set in our quad helmets, but normally do not wear them only headsets for the intercom, I know bad example. Ah there is an idea for a New Years resolution!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts