Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The President is on his 6th vacation in 1 1/2 years in office. When I started a new job I had to work 1 year before I got any vacation time. :?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I get 4 weeks a year.......but I've been here 18 years. :lol:

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
I get 3 weeks, but anything of 40hrs each week goes into a vacation bank, so really mine is unlimited. My company is very generous!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
The owner of my company only gives me time off when we don't have work :roll: Since I own the company it doesn't do me any good to complain.
I haven't seen Obama do anything that suggests he deserves a vacation.

·
4,369 Posts
I have been at my current employer for 14 years.

I currently get 4 weeks, but have the option of buying up to 5 additional days off. I usually buy the extra week as you can never have too much vacation time.

The downside is that there are some years where we have mandatory weeks off where we must use our vacation.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Mrwizardd83 said:
.....but anything of 40hrs each week goes into a vacation bank......
Man, I wish I had THAT perk :shock: ! I'd take off the entire 3 months of winter to hunt! 8) :wink:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Once I made it past 20 years I get 16.333 hours per month plus 8 hours of sick time per month, which I can convert to vacation if I have over 10 years worth of un-used sick time (960 hours), which I do. Twenty-three years ago I got 6.67 hours a month or 10 days a year. It has taken me all of these years to get to this point.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I get 6 weeks a year with 30 years with the company. No too bad, since I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off I only actually work 6 months out of the year, had the vacation I only work 4 and half months. Now they have given us the option to buy 42 more hours, I don't hink I can afford to take any more vacations.

·
SSW Support Staff
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pops said:
I get 6 weeks a year with 30 years with the company. No too bad, since I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off I only actually work 6 months out of the year, had the vacation I only work 4 and half months. Now they have given us the option to buy 42 more hours, I don't hink I can afford to take any more vacations.
Now how do you only work 4 1/2 months :?:

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
I only get 365 days off each year. Retirement is great! Unless you count the hours I put into PRC and SSW and ventriloquist shows and part-time work at the police department and....then I don't get very many days off.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
LOWES48 said:
Pops said:
Now how do you only work 4 1/2 months :?:
I'm scheduled to work 24 weeks a year, 168 hours a month.

Breaking it down 24 weeks is 6 months
When I'm at work I don't go home at the end of the day.

I get 6 weeks vacation a year (1.5 months)
6 months minus 1.5 months equals 4.5 month.

So I'm actually only scheduled to work 6 months a year minus the vacation, but I still have to show up every month.

I have been doing this so long I don't know if I could even handle a 9 to 5 job again. I'll retire from offshore, I'm shooting for 60 yo but if the oil field goes bust again it might be sooner.

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Mrwizardd83 said:
.....but anything of 40hrs each week goes into a vacation bank......
Man, I wish I had THAT perk :shock: ! I'd take off the entire 3 months of winter to hunt! 8) :wink:
Thats what I do in the summer, I take July off and I usually take December off too. Then I spread out the rest of the days so I can have some extended weekends. I very rarely work a 5 day work week! The only thing that sucks about it is that my work is still waiting for me when I go back to work :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
In addition to the vacation I listed above, we can bank our overtime also. We can take our OT in time instead of pay up to a maximum of 140 hours. Used to be higher, but city limited it in our last contract. I try to keep mine maxed out, never know when you might need it.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I think it's good to hold back some vacation, just in case. The company I work for allows us to hold back up to the amount you are entitled to in a given year. So when I went staff, they took away my overtime and startedwanting me to show up for meeting on my days off. I have been using the extra days as vacation days to build up my deferred vacation until I have an extra 6 weeks in the bank. I hope I never have to use them, my plan is to save them until I retire them take all my retirement , then my deferred, and space it out where it will pickup the next year's vacation too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts