Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody carry insurance on your UTV? I just received the bill from Progressive, I'm carring full coverage without medical on both RZRs and my small trailer. They are charging me $445.00 a year. I have a $500.00 deductable on the RZRs also. Does that sound like a good price to you? Maybe it's time to start shopping for insurance again..

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I'm paying 170.00 a year with full coverage for my Ranger.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Curt, both Pops and I have, at the time, Progressive Ins. It sounds like both of us are in the market for Ins and would like to know who you deal with for your machine. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use Markle and it is about $170 per year on the RZR, with medical and everything. Plus $500 for add ons.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Progressive, Not real high liability, $250 deductible collision and comp. $3000 Custom parts & equipment. Cost 135.00/year. 09 RZR

Mike

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arkyrider said:
I use Markle and it is about $170 per year on the RZR, with medical and everything. Plus $500 for add ons.

What is Markle? I think I'm going to check on the internet today and see if they write policies in Virginia.

·
4,369 Posts
Geez, I am in the same boat with Pops through state farm....I need to shop. Curt, who is your insurance through?

Thanks
Steve

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Pops said:
Arkyrider said:
What is Markle? I think I'm going to check on the internet today and see if they write policies in Virginia.
Markle Insurance
139 East Morse Street / PO Box 626
Markle, IN 46770
Phone: 260-758-2911
Toll Free: 888-758-2911

http://www.markleinsurance.com/

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Rich, I went to the wensite and ran a quote, came out $350.00 for both machines. Deductables are higher with Markle, and I didn't add the trailer. counting all that in, I can still save about $20.00 a year.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
The wife tells me its through Foremost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have State Farm it is 267 a year. That has med payments on it. It also is 500 ded. plus uninsured motorist coverage. I just got a quote from Allstate and they said same coverage is 78 for a year. So I guess I'll be switching.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
ranger45 said:
RZRRich said:
78 for a year ?? :shock:
I will find out if it is true today. I am going to the office for the policy shortly. I hope the agent was right.
If it is, please post the pertinent info - he may very well get a surge in business shortly !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well talked to agent the price is 83.25. It was cheaper earlier because of a multi-car discount. He was going to do all my ins. needs but the price diff. was only 175 plus he couldn't ins Bobcat skidloader. His name is Chris Hayden in Baldwinsville, New York 315-638-7164. It is with Allstate also he suggested saving the med. payment coverage cause I have health coverage.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm home now, and I plan on getting a quote from my agent (State Farm)Monday, going to check with them. But I will have to check it twice, I bought some dump truck insurance last time I was home. Cost me $29.17 every 6 months, got the policy price jumped to $115.00, every 6 months. Still not alot but I only need to insurance to cross a state road cutting my farm in half. Hopefully I can get a better quote on the RZRs. I did have Farm Bruea but I have to ask permission if I got further than 50 miles from the house.

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ended up staying with Progressive for the RZR, eveybody else was higher, or they had rules, are larger deductables. plus everybody else wanted to to write my haul trail separate. I did get the insurance cheaper on my camper, from $581 to $280 a year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts