Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time back I purchased a set of ProArmor door's for the 09 RZR. I followed their installation instructions to the 'T' - taking my time and getting the adjustment dead on. Those doors were lined up, would open - close and latch perfectly while sitting on all four tires. They looked great !! 8) But :shock: .... now I put the body weight of 2 riders in the machine and they no longer open - close or latch worth a dang :? . Frame flex had taken all of that set-up / adjustment time and thrown it out the window :shock:. I fooled around with the adjustment to no avail so .... I fought with those doors opening and closing for an entire riding season :evil: .
Move forward 1 riding season. While checking out the website of one of our new sponsors - JaggedX ... http://www.jaggedx.com/home/index.php I come across a 'slam latch kit' for the ProArmor RZR Doors :shock: so I call JaggedX up and talk with them about this kit explaining what I've been fighting with for the past year. They tell me this is exactly what I need, so, still not totally convinced and with some slight reservations I go ahead and order said kit. 4 days later I receive it. Last night I stayed out in the shop late installing it, following the installation instructions to the 'T'. Got the kit installed, once again taking my time and getting the adjustment dead on, those doors are, again, opening - closing and latching perfectly. Now :shock: ... I open the door, sit my butt in the drivers seat and close the door, so far so good, open the door ... works just fine. Go to the passenger side ... everything works just fine there as well :D .
Still not 100% convinced yet, early this morning, before my son leaves for school, I get him out in the shop - we both sit in the RZR to give the doors the 'Acid test' and they both now open – close and latch perfectly :D !!

Thanks to JaggedX for listening to my frustration and for pointing me in the right direction with the 'Slam Latch Kit' !! :D 8) :wink:

Completed installation / adjustment:

Side view of latch system:

Top view of opened latch system:

Top view of closed latch system:

Slam latch mechanism:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Thats good news! Looks like a quality product!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts