Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted these up here once before, but since I was cooking them again today, I figure I would post them again :)

I take whole Jalepeno peppers and cut the tops off and core out the insides. The inside of the pepper is then stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with Bacon. These are again roasted on the Big Green Egg for about 45 minutes.

These were actually some very mild, sweet tasting Jalepenos (kind of a bummer for me). I made 15 of them and my three little kids ate about 6 of them. They thought they were great....Even when they hit a little hot spot, they would just gulp some water and go back for more.

I thought it was pretty cool......Aidan was also happy I was taking pics of him in his Mohawk....it is his second Mohawk of the summer (he now says thats how he wants his hair cut) Surpsingly my wife doesn't mind....So he will likely be sporting this new dew for awhile :)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Dang :shock: those poppers look good Steve !! Tell my little buddy Aidan Justin and I said hi and I do like his new "dew" :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Now this is something I really like the looks of, I got some peppers in the garden that would be perfect for this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I happened across this little recipe tonight about 20 minutes before my wife asked me to run to the grocery store for a couple of things.

It is 1:10am at my house, and I will be taking 15 of these bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed Jalapeno`s out of the oven in another 15-20 minutes. :shock:

The aroma is starting to get to me already....... 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, this has worked out well.... :oops:

I did not feel like cooking these things out on the deck tonight, so I opted for the kitchen.......not a big deal.

Except.......for the part where I guess I used the wrong metal sheet for the job and bacon grease ran out the corners onto the oven. :shock:

I have awoken(is that a word?)the entire house.......
There is smoke everywhere.......
At least we know the smoke alarms function properly.... 8)

I may lose my kitchen privileges over this one? :wink:

Oh yea, I had to pull them out of the oven before they were done, so I have the grill fired up now...... :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Big Country said:
I may lose my kitchen privileges over this one? :wink:
:shock: :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I made some of these for New Years but added sun dried tomatoes and basil to the cream cheese. I had extra stuffing so I did some bacon wrapped baby portabella mushrooms too, very good eaten.

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom,

Those look very Good....The Ribs looked Great too....the shrimp are a win - win too.

Nice Job and thanks for sharing....Glad I already had dinner tonight :) or else I'd be hungry

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Dang Tom, why you post pics like that this late at night - now I'm hungry. :lol:
Looks good bud !! :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Boy that looks good, we are having lunch in about an hour. That picture should prime me up good. :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I know better than to browse this section hungry so I ate first :lol:. I think I'll throw some chicken breasts on the smoker for dinner this evening. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Last year we were digging a pond for a guy and we were using the dirt for another job so he was getting a pond for free. He was so excited about his pond he would cook us lunch over an open fire about every day.

Anyway when he did chicken he would spay it some stuff and it was excellent so I use it on mine now.
1 bottle of soy sauce
a little bit of liquid smoke
a bottle of garlic juice(it is in the spice isle it took me awhile to find it)
then finish filling the bottle with vinegar.
I spray the chicken several times while grilling.

You are the first I have shared this with.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
That sounds interesting......might have to try that next time. Thanks, Tom. :wink:

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm, I will have to give that a Try Tom. I am always interested in trying new recipes :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
My wife got mad at me when I told her I posted it, because I have never told her how it is made. she was wanting to know where I posted it and I told her I hid it in another thread. :mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts