Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since any posting in "The Sand Box".

If I put in a bigger engine, :roll: "I think it will fly" :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Great pic's. 8)

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Great pics!

·
Registered
3 Posts
orca said:
Been awhile since any posting in "The Sand Box".
do you really need paddles?
I'm going to Gordons Well for Yew Years and i dont have any for the RZR, but i do for the quad.
Thanks,

Chuck

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Chuck, paddles are not a necessity but they do allow the side X side perform a little better with them. About half of the side x sides I see in the dunes do not have paddles, paddles are almost half the weight of dirt tires and allow the wheels to spin easier do to, I belive it's called unsprung weight, so as my saying is, "enjoy your ride."
A couple of pics from Thanksgiving.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Man, I wish we had some sand to play in around here. Well, we have some, just not that much.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
commanderjjones said:
Man, I wish we had some sand to play in around here. Well, we have some, just not that much.
Yeah, here in Michigan we have the Silver Lake Sand Dunes but they don't go for as far as the eye's :shock: can see like Glamis or Gordons Well does. 8) :wink:
Fellas, make sure to post some pics and let us know how your trips went. Be safe and enjoy your Holidays !!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey Orca - Are you going to be out at Glamis over New Years? We plan to be at Wash 13 or 17 depending on who get there first.

Let me know PM me or text me!!!

Glenn

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GlennG said:
Hey Orca - Are you going to be out at Glamis over New Years? We plan to be at Wash 13 or 17 depending on who get there first.

Glenn
Hi Glenn- The kids went out Monday morning and I will be there tomorrow, Wednesday, evening and as usual wash 24. When will you arrive?

·
Registered
748 Posts
orca said:
GlennG said:

Glenn
Hi Glenn- The kids went out Monday morning and I will be there tomorrow, Wednesday, evening and as usual wash 24. When will you arrive?
Hi,

I was great to talk to you on the phone yesterday. Too bad we missed each other again. We were at Wash 13.

This was the first trip I had a chance to get the 4 in the big dunes. I did great I was never in need of power with the Weller Kit. I am sure it is not up to the turbo.

We did some runs over to Olds and China Wall, plus the kids rode quads and ran their RC cars in the wash.

Hope to catch you guys on Presidents Day. That Monster Ride sound neat wish I could have joined you.

Glenn

·
Registered
748 Posts
Finally got a chance to post some shots of New Years Trip to Glamis, I forgot the protective case for my camera so I was stuck with an iPhone on rides.

This was taken at Olds between the rain.

Kids climbing the wall:

The New Years eve ride to China Wall:

The 4 (Bad light from an iPhone)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Well Glenn, looks like another enjoyable trip to Glamis for you 8) :wink: - thanks for sharing the pics with us.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Cool pic's.

I'd love climbing those sandy hills (in something other than the Ranger). The penalty for not making it appears to be much less than what happens around here :shock: .

You're not going to rub it in about the weather today? :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pictures Glenn...Thanks for sharing with us. I'll be going to Glamis this comming weekend and again for Presidents weekend. Are you still planning on going to Glamis on Presidents weekend, Feb 18th-21st? Or when is your next trip to the dunes? Let me know so we can meet up once this year.
Also, what brand of paddles did you put on the RZR-4? I have been looking for a paddle that is wider than the ones I have, which are only 11" wide....The doonz paddle I looked at is 13" wide and 8 cup which would allow for more flotation.

·
Registered
748 Posts
orca said:
Nice pictures Glenn...Thanks for sharing with us. I'll be going to Glamis this comming weekend and again for Presidents weekend. Are you still planning on going to Glamis on Presidents weekend, Feb 18th-21st? Or when is your next trip to the dunes? Let me know so we can meet up once this year.
Also, what brand of paddles did you put on the RZR-4? I have been looking for a paddle that is wider than the ones I have, which are only 11" wide....The doonz paddle I looked at is 13" wide and 8 cup which would allow for more flotation.
Hi - We are planning on being there on Presidents Day for sure, probably get out there Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon. We had hoped to get out this month but it just didn't work out.

Look forward to riding with you guys again, both quad and RZR.

I am running the Doonz paddles and like them. The only issue is you can't let the pressure get too low without bead locks. I was running mine at about 6 pounds as I did on the Ranger, we did a run to Gordons mostly on the sand highway then pulled into Sweet Marias on the way back. I had a flat, the fellow at the tire repair shop there said he had seen several Doonz that had torn up due to too low of an air pressure he recommended 8 psi. That worked great for me on the New Years trip, I really could not tell the difference.

I am not sure of the min pressure with bead locks.

Glenn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts