Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New shocks for the Superduty.......merry Christmas to me! 8)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sucks (expensive) to have to replace 8 shocks at once, but I put the leveling and shock kit on it after the original tires were worn out when I first got the truck......so I have about 300k on the old shocks and only 2 were actually shot. The leveling kit (add-a-leaf) and triple shock really help dampen the spongey feel from the soft springs combined with the diesel and 12k winch weight on the front end.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Very Cool!

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A little ol' lady pulled out in front of me on the way home today. Man, people lose their minds around here when it's starts snowing. :roll:

At least neither of us were hurt.........and it didn't damage my new shocks :lol: .

However, it did manage to break my tie rod, so it wasn't driveable. After 12 years and 330k, I can no longer claim that my truck has never been wrecked :( . Now I get to drive some piece of junk rental until they can get my truck fixed. I'm glad that I didn't have any riding plans this weekend.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Can you imagine what the little ole lady was thinking when she saw that big green truck coming at her :shock: I'm glad no one was hurt Bud! I'm not buying that Ford I showed you if you need a new one 8)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Hey bud, at least you weren't hurt. Sorry to see :shock: the truck in that shape but it can be fixed, the main thing is you came home to the family safe and sound !! :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
OUCH for the truck, but at least nobody got hurt. I know what you are saying about the people that can't drive in the snow who live in the snow country. Snow starts fall people get more careless than careful.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
carnivore said:
Can you imagine what the little ole lady was thinking when she saw that big green truck coming at her :shock:
Yeah, she saw me at the last second and I got a good close-up look at the expression on her face :shock: .....right before I T-boned her in the driver's door. Needless to say her minivan is in much worse shape then my truck. She got a little bump on the head, but still faired better than I was affraid that she might have. It was completely her fault but I still felt bad for her.....she was pretty shaken by the whole episode. We both walked away from it, so it's all good 8). She was probably in her late 60's to early 70's, so they took her to the hospital as a precaution, but I'm fairly confident that she'll be fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck but glad nobody was seriously hurt and very well could have been in this instants

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She's back :D ........and good as new (well, almost :lol: )!

Not bad lookin' for a 12 1/2 year old truck with 330k. 8)

Now I can finish putting on the rest of the shocks and new tires that I've had waiting in my shop for a month. :shock:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Its lookin good! I'm glad to see you were able to force them to fix it :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts