Side X Side World Forums banner

Let's design the PERFECT SXS

6K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  BabyWhiteRhino721 
#1 ·
Ok, here's the deal. Let's offer suggestions for building our idea of a perfect SXS and maybe some of the big boys will take notice and put some of our ideas to use.

Let's be realistic and keep in mind gov't restrictions and really try to come up with something that COULD be built and sold.

Let's hear your ideas!

#3 ·
I agree on the Power Steering. I also think it should be setup for (4+) Passengers. Kind of like the RZR 4 or Ranger Crew. It would be nice to see some base SxS's that don't require additional mods. If there was some more loaded base machines, the prices may be cheaper than adding everthing after market as the OEM's could leverage the economies of scale to get better price breaks.

#4 ·
I would like to see a small (lightweight/compact) 4 cyl - 4 valve - fuel inj. powerplant (current motorcycle technology / approx. 600 cc) - 6 speed gearbox - water cooled and chain drive, then you could do away with the clutch/belt headache's and be able to change the gearing very easily when and if needed. Paddle shifters on the steering wheel to shift gears / no clutch pedal. All of this technology is already out there - readily available and ripe for the taking :D :wink: .

#9 ·
I think the new 4 seater RZR is close, but I agree with Rich it would be cool if you could shift it. I think I would like it better with a manual shifter though. I also agree with Mark, it needs nore HP, but I'm not sure 20 more is enough.

#10 ·
carnivore said:
I think the new 4 seater RZR is close, but I agree with Rich it would be cool if you could shift it. I think I would like it better with a manual shifter though. I also agree with Mark, it needs nore HP, but I'm not sure 20 more is enough.
Im with you on this. I would like to see a turbo disel motor (900to1000cc) in it and manual shifter and true long travel not the rzr-s travel.

#11 ·
The rzr 4 is getting there. It needs more hp 20+, maybe supercharged. I sat in one and thought it was pretty good. I'm only 5'8" and 165lb, would be great ride for the family.

#15 ·
I think it would be tough to build ONE perfect SxS. I personally need a bed so I can haul things, but love sportability too. I've always wondered why they haven't put some sort of automotive type transmission in one but I think a lot of this comes down to weight and room. Right now some of these things are the size of Willys jeeps. I think it's hard to cram everything into something small enough to ride where you want to go.

#18 ·
Frostie said:
You guys are way to into this performance bit.

My ultimate sidexside would be the ranger crew with me and five swedish bikini models cruisin threw a parade showing off my trophies.

The slower the better. More time to enjoy the ride!
Thats works!

#22 ·
I think the RZR XP 4 900 is just about perfect. I would like to see a model where the back seat area could have some sort of quick insert system, maybe like the jagged version. Would like to be able to change between seats, storage boxes, dog boxes, or just have a flat area for camping gear or hauling. I would also love to see them make a model that is street legal. I don't want to cruise long distances down the interstate but many areas I ride you need to travel down two lane roads to get from one trail head to another.

#23 ·
I think one that's "FREE" is a good starting point, with a bunch of "FREE" add-ons, FREE maintenance and FREE repair and one that pays me to drive it and produces enough gas to supply not only the fuel to drive it but also the fuel for my truck to pull it to everywhere I want to go.

#24 ·
gip said:
I think one that's "FREE" is a good starting point, with a bunch of "FREE" add-ons, FREE maintenance and FREE repair and one that pays me to drive it and produces enough gas to supply not only the fuel to drive it but also the fuel for my truck to pull it to everywhere I want to go.
We could only dream.......... :lol:

#26 ·
Mini Jeep I am hearing for 2014 from Italy. !4,000 there probably around 20,000 here. Only 61 inches wide. That could be my next UTV. Sweet look little Jeep :) Cheaper than a Polaris Ranger, AC Power Steering and the works. So pretty probably would not want to get scratched up! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.