Side X Side World Forums banner

Lets see your biggest oops!

16K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  abkdad3 
#1 ·
Hers mine, sorry, the pics aren't that good.

Heres my son in law in the creek.

Heres one of my Buddies 15 minutes into a ride at the Silver Lake sand dunes :roll:

Heres Curt (not me) from PRC

The good part is NO ONE WAS HURT IN ANY OF THESE ACCIDENTS. There is alson no question everyone of these was driver error.

See less See more
#7 ·
Bush got the LE replaced with a "S", the funny thing is the insurance company sold the LE and the rebuilder repaired in and had it on ebay a few months later. When it was totaled, it had a bent frame along with all the visible damage, I don't think the seller would ever admit that it was a rebuild, later it was relisted the LE with a Salvage title.

#13 ·
RZRRich said:
Dang Jerry :shock: , In that first set of pics how did you manage that - were you going up or backing down that hill?
I'm not sure myself, Rich. It's one of those strange ones....it really wasn't THAT off-camber. I think it was a combination of the hill, the angle, and a medium size rock under the front of my left rear tire. I slowly eased into the throttle and it kept s-l-o-w-l-y tilting to the right. I remember thinking "the front is going to settle down any second"....but obviously it didn't :lol: . As we kept easing into the throttle, I told my brother (riding shotgun) to keep his arms and legs in the vehicle incase we went over. Well, we DID lay it over.......go figure :lol: . It was fun.....no injuries.....no damage. :)

#20 ·
These photos are incredible! One thing I do know is that if you ain't wrecking, you ain't riding hard enough.

#21 ·
Here is what happens when the kids are flying through the pasture and find a pipe line in the tall grass.

Trying to pull the front drive shaft out of the front differtial. I didn't think I was going to get it out.

The bone pile

Back together finally

So far that is the biggest oops :wink: I am sure there will be more to come. I didn't get any pictures the last time the Daughter-in-law's sister had the Mule all but on its side, in a hole. Have to remember to take the camera next time I have to rescue them :lol:

#23 ·
Daughter in law had some scrapes on her shin from the right front tire coming through the floorboard :( . Fortunately everyone had on seatbelts :)

#24 ·
gemery said:
Daughter in law had some scrapes on her shin from the right front tire coming through the floorboard :( . Fortunately everyone had on seatbelts :)
Ouch :shock: ! I'm glad that it was only scrapes and not any worse. That looks like it's taken a pretty hard lick.

#25 ·
commanderjjones said:
gemery said:
Ouch :shock: ! I'm glad that it was only scrapes and not any worse. That looks like it's taken a pretty hard lick.
I too am glad that nobody was hurt. It's a lot easier to fix these machines than people.

#26 ·
Underdog said:
commanderjjones said:
gemery said:
I too am glad that nobody was hurt. It's a lot easier to fix these machines than people.
Well said Troy !! :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.