Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have auxiliary lighting? Show us photos, tell us what what you have, dual battery, etc. Do you have them for looks or do they help on the trail?

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
On my 05 I had a pair of Hella 500s up high, and some Harbor freight cheapies on the bumper. The Hella 500s were awesome, they lit up the lane in front like it was daytime for a long ways out, but the light also lit up the hood. I would mount them on the bumper or make a shield to keep the light off the hood, it was too distracting. I don't think the system would run more than two at a time without draining the battery. The Harbor Freight cheapies didnt last too long, the glass lenses all busted quickly.
I will likely go HID for lights on my 09.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
I’m running 4 of the 4” – 35w HID’s on the 09 RZR. They do light up :shock: 8) the countryside. Very efficient on power consumption. No issues with running down the full size Optima battery either. They have held up very well to the trail abuse I've given them as well.

2 mounted at the base of the roll cage:

and another 2 mounted on the front bumper:

using a seperate switch for each set of lights:

I also have the DDM HID conversion kit for the OEM headlights but have yet got around to installing them. :oops:

·
SSW Support Staff
349 Posts
Dear Rich,

Please quit posting pics of all those lights!!! It make me very very jealous!!! LMFAO!!

Looks great, I will break down and buy all those one day!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have two Checker Auto HIDs mount on the front of the cage with Axia Alloy Pillar Mounts. 18" Tribal Whips LED Bar on the bumpler, and VisionX HID Conversions.

Below is the low budget switch box (Radio Shack):

Lighted Whips

I am running a stock battery, but have no issues with it. I figure I will upgrade if needed.

I have not used them on trials but they work well in the dunes once I got the adjustment dialed in.

·
4,369 Posts
Those HID's that Rich has are Awesome.....It was great at the Rally Last year, Rich could ride behind me and kick all of his lights on and I would not need mine LOL.

I really like the LED Lightbars from Rigid Industries. They are pretty sweet too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts