Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spring my wife talked me into remodeling the master bath, nothing much just change the counter top, basins, toliet and tile the floor maybe a week's worth of work. Well I ordered the supplies received them and went to work. As planned it took about a week to complete the project. I went back to work and next thing I knew we were redoing the quest bathroom, the utility room, and now finally the kitchen. I have spent almost my entire summer working on this house while I had several outdoor projects that now I'm going to have to do in the winter. I'm just wondering if other people get into projects like this or I'm I just a sucker that don't know how to tell my better half NO?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

One summer I added a laundry / mudroom onto the house, foundation to roof, by myself. Another year I added a family room, foundation to roof, had to recruit some help setting trusses, and putting sheathing on the roof. After that one I try to aviod getting into the "wouldn't it be nice if" discussions with my wife. :)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
gemery said:
After that one I try to aviod getting into the "wouldn't it be nice if" discussions with my wife. :)
I hear ya! :lol:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All these projects has cut deeply into my play time. Hopefully the "Honey Do" is getting closer to the bottom. Problem will be she will be cooped up in the house ain a couple more months and will have 4 months of dreaming up other projects.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
I've gotta commend the wife in that respect. As long as I fix what is broken, she really doesn't add to the list. Shoot, she even mows the yard! 8) :lol:

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
commanderjjones said:
I've gotta commend the wife in that respect. As long as I fix what is broken, she really doesn't add to the list. Shoot, she even mows the yard! 8) :lol:
My wife is the same way Jerry, my kind of women - not afraid to "Dig In" !! :D 8) :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine, does ow the yard, as long as I weedeat, but she gets bored and that causes more work for me. Is there someway I can block the DYI channel on the cable. :)

·
4,369 Posts
Mike,

Maybe she figures cause you only work 2 weeks at a time, that your other 2 weeks should be spent working too :)

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slane01 said:
Mike,

Maybe she figures cause you only work 2 weeks at a time, that your other 2 weeks should be spent working too :)

That may be it, now that I'm back at work I can at least know what is expected of me and at quitting time I'm through for the day. At home quitting time is when it's bed time...

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oneal said:
Sounds like you should be good to go for awhile now Mike. Bet it looks nice.

Now I am finished for awhile, just finished put down a granite counter top and stone backsplash in the kitchen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts