Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning on heading up to Northern AZ over the Memorial Day weekend, probably Cinder Hill, OHV area. Nothing formal in the way of events, just plan to do some quad and SXS riding. We will have our grandsons (7 & 9).

I am not sure if the lake area is still closed to camping, due last year's flooding. If it is open we plan to camp there, if not we will find another area.

If any of the forum members are going to be at the cinders that weekend maybe we can link up for a ride.

Glenn

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wcdu said:
More details please. Think the snow will be gone by then? Okay, just kidding, but only a little bit.

Steve
Steve- when we were up there on Memorial Day two years ago it was cold and some rain, no snow. Last year it was nice.

We will try to get up there late Thursday or early Friday depending on the boys school schedule and leave Monday. The riding varies from cinder hills kind of like dunes to forest trails.

It is purely dry camping there are no facilities or fresh water, there is no use fee. If you do forget something it is a quick trip into Flagstaff.

You will need to check on if you need any permits. I am not sure if AZ recognizes CO registration. I would check but I am on a mobile device and my web ability is limited. If you do a google search on Cinder Hills OHV area there is a ton of info.

Glenn

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
wcdu said:
More details please. Think the snow will be gone by then? Okay, just kidding, but only a little bit.

Steve
Steve, take a look in our 'Links to Riding Area's' thread - a lot of great info in there, I believe there may be some info on 'Cinder Hill's' in there.
http://www.sidexsideworld.com/viewforum.php?f=473

1 - 6 of 6 Posts