Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my ProArmor doors that I purchased from Chase @ Mountain Customs … http://mountaincustoms.com/ on Friday. They are available with a Gloss Black finish or a bare aluminum finish as well. I ordered the bare aluminum set and had Chase powder coat them, at his shop, a shade of black to match the paint on our “09” Stealth Black RZR. I must say Chase did a tremendous job on the powder coating and the match between his powder coating and the OEM paint is phenomenal …. Great job Chase !! I have some prep work to get done first – then I will take some pics and do a small write-up on the installation as well. :D :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
I can't wait to see the pics! I'm sure they are real nice!

·
4,369 Posts
Hey...How come there are no pics yet!!!!....Heck if you have had them for a couple of hours they should be on now :) Don't keep us waiting 8)

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Can't wait to see how they turned out. Seen a few different sets last weekend. I like the way the Pro-Armor door bow out some.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rich---Congratulations on the new doors. I can say from my own use......you will be very pleased with the ProArmor doors. Now all we need is to see how good they look :roll: on your ride.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Now that's what I'm talkin about.....Looks real nice Rich and thanks for the pic's, they are great also.
How long did it take you to install the doors :?:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Lookin good!

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actual installation time was about 2.5 hours I would guess. I changed out a lot of the hardware and added some also. I ended up buying 50+ black nylon washers for the door skin hardware - it came with standard washers and I didn't like the way they looked (silver) against the black finish and black button-head screws. I also changed out the large nut for the door handle to a elastic stop nut and had to use a nylon washer and a thin flat washer there also due to the way the bracket was welded to the frame.

The most time consuming part was removing the side protection ( Hip / Shoulder ) bars. The bottom mount hardware is a pain to get to !!

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Looks good Rich, After I heard that you had to remove the bars I figured it was going to be a pain. Wish I would have know that before I put on the skid pan, now I have to take it apart to take off the rocker panel again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts