Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son Aidan turns 9 tommorrow (March 28 ). He got a new bike from his Grandma and Grandpa. He was very excited since he just learned how to ride on 2 wheel last week.

For those of you who don't know, my boy has some learning disabilities and my wife and I never thought he would ever be able to ride on a 2 wheeled bike. We have tried teaching him for the past few years, but he had never exhibited the motor skills necessary for the bike ride. So for last year on his Birthday (8th Bday) my wife and I had bought him a 4 wheeled go-cart looking bike that he had thought was totally awesome.....well fast forward about a year to last week....Aidan was playing with the neighbor girls and my wife and I and my neighbors were standing at the end of my driveway talking....we looked up and saw Aidan on the Neighbor girls 2 wheel bike, riding a little wobbly, but riding straight for us.

We were all stunned, and happy as heck. Aidan just hopped on the bike and taught himself to ride it. That was a proud parent moment. The neighbors were kind enough to let Aidan keep the bike to practice on it, which he had been doing all week long. However, Grandma and Grandpa thought that since it was his Bday this week, he got to pick out a new bike at Walmart. The new bike is slightly big for him right now, but we are quite confident he will grow into it.

Anyways, we are some proud parents that Aidan is riding on two wheels. That was a pretty cool accomplishment for him :D :D :D

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Well my friend - wish Aidan a BIG Happy Birthday for us and give him a BIG High Five for his graduation into the 2 wheel world. He sure looks proud and happy in the pics - I know you and the family are. Heck - I'm proud of him also !! Looks like he's got a drag strip (Drive way) to practice on too. :D 8) :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
That is awesome! He looks like a very happy boy, too cool!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Steve thats WAY cool Happy b-day AIDAN You have a great area for him to get even better doent appear thats a drag racing street so he will also be safe while learning to ride.

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a pretty nice road to ride on....It is a private road with 6 houses in the sub-division. Its alot of fun to plow the road on the Ranger, but we really did not get too much snow this year (I shouldn't be complaining about that though).

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Happy birthday Adian, Steve it won't be long before he will be wanting a SxS for himself to ride with the "Old Man".

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pops said:
Happy birthday Adian, Steve it won't be long before he will be wanting a SxS for himself to ride with the "Old Man".
He already thinks mine is his LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
Steve thanks for sharing, you guys have been blessed with Adian.

·
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THanks for the kind comments everyone. They are defnitely appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts