Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new to the site and live right outside of the Richmond, Va area and wondering if there are any members heard or go to Busco Beach, NC. It is a great place to ride/camp!

http://buscobeach.com/

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Brian, Welcome - when you get the time check out out 'Links to Riding Places' thread, lot's of great riding info in there as well. Thanks for the link - I will add it to the list. 8) :wink:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bring this topic back to the top! I will be back home from Afghanistan and wondering if anyone around the VA/NC area wants to hit up Busco Beach NC and ride?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Brian,
If you ever get tired of Busco Beach, come over to east TN and I'll be happy to guide you on a ride through Royal Blue, Windrock, Brimstone, or Pickett state forest. If you're near the VA/NC line, it can't be very far of a drive. You name a date and I'll mark it on my calendar. :wink:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
commanderjjones said:
Brian,
If you ever get tired of Busco Beach, come over to east TN and I'll be happy to guide you on a ride through Royal Blue, Windrock, Brimstone, or Pickett state forest. If you're near the VA/NC line, it can't be very far of a drive. You name a date and I'll mark it on my calendar. :wink:
Will do... How far from the Richmond, Va area? I dont mind a drive for some good trails and hanging out with good people! I will keep you in mind....

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Birddog4x4 said:
......How far from the Richmond, Va area?....
Wow, it's farther than I thought. According to Mapquest, it looks like 470 miles/about 8 hours from Richmond, VA to Pioneer, TN. But the riding is awesome and something you'll definitely remember and want to do again. Let me know if you can break away for a long weekend and I'll make plans to be available. Most of the trails are well marked and can be navigated without a lot of difficulty, but it's always easier and more fun with a guide.....that way you can just have fun enjoying the trails and scenery, and not have to worry about navigating.

Another awesome trail system is the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV. That looks considerably closer than Royal Blue.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, 8 hours that is a road trip! But I have been talking to the wife and we are thinking about sometime this year making a Hatfield & McCoy trip! I will kee you posted on what I come up with!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just throwing this out there, but I am going to hit Slades ATV Park this weekend in Surry, Va. Going to be there this Saturday around 9am and yes I will have pics to post. Jsut wanting to try out the new tires on the rzr.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Sounds like fun, but I already have hunting plans for Saturday morning. I'll be looking for the ride report. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts