Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For like the last couple of days things have been pretty slow in the RZR discussion area. Now there are like a dozen posts that really don't need to be in the RZR Discussion section, they should be in the Photos or Trails Rides or even the Tech/Mod section. What gives? Seriously guys, do I go thru and move things where they should go and leave a notice that I did or what? I'm all about helping clean up the RZR section, but dang! Also, I know Ran sent a PM out to peanut and the gf about the not suitable thread, but are we going to leave it or remove it now that bases have been touched with them? Do we dare risk another peanut showdown?

Chris

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts

Chris,

Welcome to the "hard" side of PRC!! Before we got you guys to help, we were pulling our hair out. And, a lot of folks over there bristle anytime instructions are given them!

Anyway, yes sir, move posts where you see fit. You can send a note saying you moved it by e-mail if you want but the forum software sends one out automatically anytime a post is deleted or moved. If it gets too hectic, just move them and worry about sending e-mails later.

I have only just got home so I don't know what the "nut" thread is about. I assume it can be traced back to folks asking for "girl" pictures. I welcome the ladies just as much as anyone but we don't want non family friendly posts left. So, like I said, I haven't seen it yet, but I am working my way down there.

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts

Ok, just got down to the post in question and normally, I would just remove it and not worry about it. In this case, realizing how "tender" he is, I think we can cut a little slack on this one. If we had a lot of small kids reading all the time, it might be a no brainer, tender or not. But, maybe we should spare ourselves a little drama. At the rate of posts in the RZR section, it won't take it long to disappear off the first couple pages anyway. Now, if stuff like this gets to be routine from him, then we will have to rethink things. I agree with Randy sending him the PM though. So, feel free to disagree and we can move it if everyone wants to.

G

·

Well Chris, just to add to what Bruce has been saying, I've moved posts to their appropriate section until I'm blue in the face. I get tired of it sometimes and just let a few go. As Bruce and others have pointed out, this is the thankless part of the job. Soon you'll be hated be all sorts of guys[;)].

Most of these problems were pretty rare until the RZR came on the scene. AND...most of the RZR owners are terrific folks, but I must admit that the RZR is a great lure if you're trying to attrack some real knuckleheads. I'm willing to bet we have members that have not a CLUE that we have sections of PRC other than the RZR Discussion section.

G

·

BTW Chris, JIC it hasn't yet been mentioned to you yet, its a good idea to let us know when you send someone a PM so that we don't cross each other up.

That's why I posted the fact that I sent one to the Peanut family.

·
SSW Support Staff
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Understand about the PM's Ran and I agree with you. I haven't sent anything out, I guess since I was asking about one thing I just threw that in there. Since you already sent peanut something, I left it alone. I figured since you were on it already, you didn't need anyone helping out.[:)]

Chris

G

·

Yep...good deal. That's what I mean too. We've only rarely messed each other up by not knowing what the other is doing, but by leaving a trail behind us, we can be fairly certain that such mess-ups won't happen.

Personally, I think its really important that we are perceived by folks on the 'other side' as being united even if sometimes we're not so on this side.

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts

One more thing Chris, if you are ever unsure about whether to move something or not, I'm talking about something you don't believe is appropiate on the forum, go ahead and move it here and then if the majority think it is ok, we can always put it back. No harm in that at all. I have had several of my moves reversed but that is why we have this side of PRC. Here, we can discuss and give each other our honest opinion without having to pay as much attention to how we say something. Don't worry about it either, just go ahead and move stuff. When we first started, we would just delete offensive stuff and then after a few times of someone asking why and only the moderator that did the deleting knew, we decided to just move stuff. This way, there is absolutely no harm done.

·
Assistant Administrator
405 Posts

Mike,

Didn't you get the memo about no vacation time while you are on probation? I mean, you have got to put in at least 12 months, 20 hours per day, 8 days a week before we will even think of giving you supper time off!!! Geeez, good help is hard to find!!!

Just kidding Mike, nothing big happening. But we are trying to clear up some confusion and tie up loose ends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts