New 2018 Intimidator GC1K | Side X Side World

New 2018 Intimidator GC1K

Discussion in 'Intimidator Discussion' started by rbwbigcountry, Jul 2, 2019.

1. rbwbigcountry

rbwbigcountry Starting Member

Hello,
    New to forum and just purchased my first SXS at age 51, went with the Intimidator GC1K great looking machine, very comfortable and tons of power with the 997 cc 83 hp engine. I got it May 17th and two days later the shifter handle broke off in my hand, they had put a threaded extender on it and it broke off at the threads, I pulled it off and welded the two together and contacted dealer. Intimidator called me the next day and ask if I would take it to a different dealer 40 miles from house instead of 3.5 hrs from house where I purchased, to have the complete shifter and cable replaced with an upgraded one. I took it to dealer and they replaced shifter and ran serial numbers which came up it needed and speed sensor kit put on it, dealer got the speed sensor kit and it would not stay on transmission because it is out of spec. So Intimidator sent dealer a new transmission to put in it. I'm very thankful for dealer and Intimidator correcting all of the issues but I had it for 2 weeks and it's been at dealer for 4 weeks and 4 days. I hope when I get it back it performs for me, and I'm glad this was not during hunting season.

2. robertsn2000

robertsn2000 Starting Member

I also purchased a GC1K. I got the stage 3 crew. I love how much room it has compared to the other crew sxs on the market. Plus it has some nice half doors. They have done a good job with detail, and added some of the simple things that make life a little easier, like a door handle on the inside and the outside of the door. The bottom of the door hangs down farther than the floor which is really nice to keep dirt and water out.