Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday, yesterday, I received and installed a led light bar made by Tribal Whips. I believe I have one of the first production units. :D
I purchased the 30" version, the unit only draws 4.5 amps and has some great light. Their price is about half the cost of other brands.
See the link http://www.tribalwhipsstore.com/LEDStixx-LED-Driving-Light-LEDStixx-LED-Driving-Light.htm?productId=3....

I purchased the Light Bar from SideXSide which I think is one of the forums sponsors.

Do we ever stop finding a way to spend money on this toys :?: Not :!: :!: :!: :roll:

I'll post a pic of the install tomorrow.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some pics of the TribalStxx LED light bar.
LED Light Bar

LED Light bar

Clamp ... how it's mounted

Boost Gage and Sw's

·
Registered
748 Posts
Orca - I looked at one last weekend at the Cinders a fellow had one mounted on a RZRS and was demonstrating how well they work. It looked pretty bright but I still have not made up my mind.

Have you had a chance to try it at night with your HIDs? I have the same HIDs you do mounted in the same place. I would be interested get you opinion. I am thinking of going with the smaller light bar like the one I had on my Ranger and mounting it on the bumper and moving the HIDs up higher.

PS- Love the new RZR4 can't wait until next winter and the dunes. It did great in the cinders with the stock tires.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GlennG said:
Orca - I looked at one last weekend at the Cinders a fellow had one mounted on a RZRS and was demonstrating how well they work. It looked pretty bright but I still have not made up my mind.

Have you had a chance to try it at night with your HIDs? I have the same HIDs you do mounted in the same place. I would be interested get you opinion. I am thinking of going with the smaller light bar like the one I had on my Ranger and mounting it on the bumper and moving the HIDs up higher.

PS- Love the new RZR4 can't wait until next winter and the dunes. It did great in the cinders with the stock tires.
Glenn---- I took the RZR out for a night ride this last Sat night and I was extremly pleased with LED light bar. I only took my truck and small trailer, we arrived at 8:30pm and left at 10pm, It was very hot!!!!
I turned the two bumper mount HID's out, one to the left and the other to the right to improve the side lighting and the bar up to about 60 yards out front and the results are awsome. No wash out with the lighting on the sand and I could just seem to see it all. Can't wait untill our night ride in two week under the full moon.
Nice vid of your trip to cinders, it looks as though it could get real dusty?
What is the tempeture like at Cinders during the summer and do you go often?

·
Registered
748 Posts
orca said:
GlennG said:

Glenn---- I took the RZR out for a night ride this last Sat night and I was extremly pleased with LED light bar. I only took my truck and small trailer, we arrived at 8:30pm and left at 10pm, It was very hot!!!!
I turned the two bumper mount HID's out, one to the left and the other to the right to improve the side lighting and the bar up to about 60 yards out front and the results are awsome. No wash out with the lighting on the sand and I could just seem to see it all. Can't wait untill our night ride in two week under the full moon.
Nice vid of your trip to cinders, it looks as though it could get real dusty?
What is the tempeture like at Cinders during the summer and do you go often?
Dennis - I was really dusty there on Memorial Day, lots of folks. Last year I thought it was great almost every time we went there was a shower or two every day to keep the dust down.

The temps in that area run from highs in low 80s to lows in 40s. It is over 7000 ft where we camp.

We try to get up there a least every month. Barb and I are taking the boys next weekend. Then for the 4th if everything works out OK I will take the boys to meet some folks in an area near there to ride trails. If you want to head out this way let me know.

I looks as if we may ride the Oregon Dunes in July my son is stationed at Ft Lewis WA so we are planning to meet him there.

Thanks for input on light bar, considering the VisonX lights I put one each on the boys quads and I am really impressed.

Thanks for the comment on the vid I went to the Mac side. Much better.

Glenn

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
THose are some nice looking lights, do they look like they are waterproof, I'm thinking that they would hold up on the trails, nothing there to grab a branch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts