Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been blessed to be able to team up with MTX Audio and HammerHead off road to create a buggy that will show case the products of both MTX and Hammerhead.

We will be building " The Worlds Loudest Buggy " I will have the first steps in getting it here, new wheels and tires, tranny upgrades, exhaust, air intake and some shiny stuff. This buggy will tour with MTX Audio for a year, if it excepted well there could be 3-6 more in differant colors and acessories

here is the link with more info than I can type

http://buggynews.com/worlds-loudest-buggy-build-t22829.html

I will be posting pictures and video as we go

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its going to be fun, the good part is all of the MTX equipment can be used on any off road vehicle,.

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the buggy arrived yesterday and we have gottn started with the first phase. we will be adding a performance exhaust, air filter with performance intake tube, stiffer main spring, and a set of 10 gram sliders so it will have a ton of bottom end.

the new tires should be here today and will post pics of the new tire and wheel set up

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
That is pretty cool!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looking good Eric! Does MTX make speaker pods that will mount on the cage or will you have to fabricate enclosures?

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all of the audio and video equipment will be able to mount on the roll cage and other areas. there will be a back up camera that will be activated by the reverse lever.

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
finished my part on it, thanks to hammerhead performance for the exhaust, air intake, billet fuel cap. just need the adptors to get the front wheels mounted

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
there will be more pics and video when it gets to MTX. I called super atv about the adptors that the member has on his rzr 170, but they said they were custom made. so I will get some made and offer them to others that want to use the more common wheel

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
bige said:
there will be more pics and video when it gets to MTX. I called super atv about the adptors that the member has on his rzr 170, but they said they were custom made. so I will get some made and offer them to others that want to use the more common wheel
There you go - when there's a will there's a way!! Now your customers and friends will have them available if and when needed, sounds like a good game plan Eric. :wink:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
Cool looking machine.

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well with the exception of the front wheel adptors and front wheels I have all the bling on it. so its ready for the next phase

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here is the mobile showroom it will be riding in, along with a drawing of the buggy

·
4,369 Posts
That is awesome. I think they need a Ranger Crew to Build up...oh, I have one to Volunteer :)

·
SSW Support Staff
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the buggy is at MTX now. here are some pics of the battery and altenator. the altenator is a one wire unit that puts out 50 amps.

battery specs

Weight Lbs. – 14.00
Weight Kgs. – 6.35

Length – 8.05 in
Height – 5.33 in
Width – 3.25 in

MAX Amps – 800
RC – 25min.
CA – 190A

here is a link to some video also
http://www.flipshare.com/
enter [email protected] as email