Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With it being extremely cold here the last couple of days, I started thinking back to one of my favorite pic's.......which is also in my signature.

This was taken on Super Bowl Sunday 2007. My friend Kevin (in the pic') and I decided to take a "quick ride" before the SuperBowl started. I had only had the Ranger a month or so (notice the absence of accessories) and the new wasn't worn off of it yet, so we were itching to put some hours on it.......being quite confident that we would be back in plenty of time for the game.

Well, as luck would have it........we had 4 flats and the tire came off of the bead on 3 of those occasions. Each time, snow would melt to the warm wheel and quickly re-freeze......causing us to build a fire to melt the ice from the wheel so we could re-seat the bead........everytime :roll: . Yeap, we had to start 3 separate fires that day......with wet wood. As you can tell from the pic', it was brutally cold (that is normally a flowing waterfall). By the time we got back, we were COLD :shock: , tired, and had missed half of the SuperBowl.......and slept through most of the second half :lol: .

But it was a memorable trip and, overall, we still had a great time. All in a day's ride 8) .

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
It definitely sounds like an adventure!

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Awesome photo! It's funny that we remember the ones where everything goes wrong and forget the fun rides. Jerry, you must remember a lot of your rides.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary Lenon said:
Jerry, you must remember a lot of your rides.
Oh yeah.....I remember them. :lol:

Shortly after that episode, I became a Bighorn owner. 8)

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
:shock: :shock: Dang - what a day. Fell asleep for the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.....I bet those eye lids got heavy after you got warmed up. :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Why doesn't that "short" trip story surprise me. :shock: 8) Sorry Jerry i couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cesar said:
Why doesn't that "short" trip story surprise me. :shock: 8) Sorry Jerry i couldn't help myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
Touche! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts