Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we went back again this past weekend, but I'm just now finding the time to download my pic's.

That place is great. Probably has more scenic overlooks that Royal Blue and Windrock combined. Camping is allowed area wide, no permit required, VERY little traffic (which could be a bad thing if you ride alone), and the trail system is very large. We camped right on the side of the road from Friday afternoon until Sunday evening and didn't see a soul all weekend other than the group that we rode with on Saturday.This may be my new favorite place. I'll be spending a lot of time exploring up there over the next few months.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o146/commanderjjones/Pickett%20State%20Forest%207-17-10/

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Great pics Jerry !! Hey, if you need some help exploring I'd be glad to help out :D - we need to plan a ride there bud. :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RZRRich said:
Great pics Jerry !! Hey, if you need some help exploring I'd be glad to help out :D - we need to plan a ride there bud. :wink:
You guys REALLY need to come down and check this place out. We definitely need to set up a ride for that place. I wish it wasn't such a long drive for most of you. Whenever you get ready, just let me know. I should have some decent mapping and trail memory before too long.

The trails are awesome and very diverse. They have a little of everything for every style.......sand, rocks, mud, off-camber, hills, play areas. But the views at the numerous overlooks are amazing.......not to mention the unique rock formations and natural arches. I'm in love :lol: ......I can't believe that I have avoided that place for so long. Most trails were just too tight for the Jeeps when we went several years ago, but it's perfect on a SXS or quad.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Me and the 7.3 8) don't mind the driving at all Jerry - the 7.3 8) likes to stretch out it's legs anyways. Lets start the plans for a ride there soon bud. :D :wink:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds good, Rich. I'll start working on that. I'd like to get a little better feel for the area and a few trails mapped on the GPS before I start "leading" any rides there, but that shouldn't take long. A couple more weekends up there should suffice. Let's try to squeeze that in before fall (deer season) arrives :wink:. Maybe late August or early September?

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention......if you're not into the "camping" aspect of it, the state park is right up the road and has a nice campground and cabins (based on what I've heard), but I haven't been there yet to confirm that. The state run website regarding the state park accomodations is a little vague with their descriptions :? . The park is very close (maybe 3 to 5 miles?), but unfortunately I don't think that you can ride your OHV's from there to the trailhead. I'll post more info' as I learn and can verify it's accuracy.

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
You guys are killin me, I want to go, but I'm not sure I can take the time :roll:

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should join us if you can, Curt. It will be a great ride. Maybe you, Rich, Steve, and Gary can rent a semi trailer and carpool. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those are really nice pictures. Do you belong to a local Club? My wife and I just bought a used RZR. I just retired from Kodak (film company). We are longing to go on trails like this! It looks like so much fun ! We are from Up-state NY. Western part of NY. Haven't bought a trailer yet, thats our next purchase. The snake pictures were so neat. My wife freaked out that you picked it up.(rattle snake) Cant wait to get on trails like this !! :D :D

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to SSW, Dave. Glad to have you with us! :D

Thanks for the comments. No, I can't say that I really "belong" to a local club. I usually just hook up with friends and people from the forums and go ride. I've met NUMEROUS wonderful people and made several friends through riding forums. Get yourself a trailer and come on down to join us for a ride. We have some AWESOME trails in east TN and you're more than welcome to join us. :wink:

I can't say that I blame your wife.....snakes freak A LOT of people out. Tell her that I promise not to pick up any if you guys come down and I'll drive in front to make sure they're off of the trail before you guys come through. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jerry as soon as we get a trailer. I'm going to take you up on that visit to Eastern Tenn. And yes we'll let you lead !! The area your in looks so beautiful ! Cant wait ! 8) Thanks - Dave & Annamarie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts