Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found, what i believe, is an '07 BBB type BB-AMS4. It hasn't run in quite some time and am wondering what I am getting into. I have general knowledge (shade tree) about electric golf carts. It is my understanding that these scooters were a division of EZGO initially. A buyout took place and that is when they started building the 4x4 models and putting baskets and winches on these. The one I am getting is 4x4 and has the winch. It is not a crew cab type. More of a conventional golf cart, on steroids IMHO. I envision a $1000 just to do the batteries and cables. That is my plan of attack. I would likely get some Sams Club batteries. Last time I bought some 6v batteries, they were a little under $700 for 6 qty. Thankfully, this scooter has the cores with it. Conventional 6v golf cart batteries are fine I'm guessing? The steering box has an issue as well. At a glance, it appears a bolt or two is missing and the box is not attached to the mount. Worst case scenario, a mounting ear/tab has broken off and might need a new steering gear box. I have read that the controllers can also fail. Having two controllers for the 4x4 model, what kind of price tag might I be looking at should they need replacing? In a nutshell, looking for advice on batteries, prices on steering gearbox, and pricing on controllers. If there is any other parts I should have concerns about. He is wanting $1500 for this scooter.

P.S. The rear seat cusihion. Is that an inexpensive fix? The fabric and foam are missing.

TIA everyone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts