Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gravel drive way that is about a ¼ mile long. I don’t like every spring having to rack all the gravel out of the grass. He is what I have done to hopefully eliminate the problem. I bought a piece of 1” pipe and metal cutting blade from the store. Cut a slot all the way down the pipe. Once the pipe was cut hammer the pipe over the plows existing cutting edge. I then drilled a hole on each end to make sure it does not fall off. This should float over the gravel and not dig into it.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Dave,

I would be concerned it won't cut easily through the snow. Let us know how it works. I hate gravel in the grass too!

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
Ive seen wide feet behind the blade that holds it about 1/2" above the gravel that seems to work well.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
carnivore said:
Ive seen wide feet behind the blade that holds it about 1/2" above the gravel that seems to work well.
Holding the blade of the ground is fine, but I wonder how it will plow without a cutting edge, so to speak. Hopefully fine, just not sure how it will do.

·
4,369 Posts
My Buddies got a pipe mounted over the cutting edge of the snow plow blade on his tractor and it works great. However, we are also down in Southeast Michigan where we rarely get more than 12 to 16" of snow in a single dump. Most snows seem to be 4 to 8".

I have considered doing something very similar for my Boss Plow this year. I think it should work out well if the amount of snow being pushed is minimal and its not hard-packed.

·
SSW Director of Public Relations
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pipe worked great. It even did a good job on my concrete approach to my garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts