Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air Restrictor in 2011 Ranger Crew.

By TMD ... aka Tom: :wink:

Here's a picture of the air restrictor and where it's located on the 2011 Ranger Crew model if any ones wondering.
I had a chance to take the Crew out again yesterday without the air restrictor. I found that on open trails it will now easily hit the rev limiter / speed limiter.
Big Big difference in acceleration.

[/img]

[/img]

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By: MOTOROLANUT aka Patrick. :wink:

Ok Gang, I did the BAD thing....LOL and removed my restrictor this morning in my 2011 HD, (The 2011 Crew engine is the same)...Here are some long awaited pics. Sorry for the blackberry quality.

As you can see the 2011 plastic Restrictor really cuts down on the airflow to the Throttle Body...

After some test acceleration runs I can see a definite improvement..
Its like a new machine, takes off like a bat out of [email protected] now....LOL
It even seems like the belt lock up lag is gone as well.

Just make sure to replace it if you take your machine back in for warranty service.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Re: help

nbaker said:
Can this be simply removed once located? I does not need to be cutout? I have a 11Xp and will be trying this once I hear the replies to my questions! THANKS!
Nick,
Your 2011 XP will not have a restrictor. Only the Crew, HD, and 6x6 are equipped with the restrictor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I removed the restrictor on my 2012 6X6 and installed an air/fuel gauge. It ran way lean from about 30% throttle to 90%, so I installed a Power Commander V with auto tune and now have it running at 13.2 air/fuel ratio. The Power Commander V was an easy install.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is screen shot of my fuel map after several good outings with the PCV with the autotune set at 13.2 AFR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.