Side X Side World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
We mainly use ours for chores around the house, an occasional trip through the pasture for fun. I've hauled lots of firewood in the mule and pulled the welding machine around a lot with it. I would like to get into "pleasure" trail riding more. Just never seems to be enough time.

·
PRC & SSW Administrator
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gemery said:
We mainly use ours for chores around the house, an occasional trip through the pasture for fun. I've hauled lots of firewood in the mule and pulled the welding machine around a lot with it. I would like to get into "pleasure" trail riding more. Just never seems to be enough time.
I hear you about the lack of time Glen! My Ranger is used a lot for work around the farm, but pleasure riding is a treat for when time permits.

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
Trail riding would be at least 75%
Hunting would be around 20% (although I wish it was more)
Work would probably be only 5%.....but I use it when I can. :D

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Trail riding = 90%
Work around the cottage = 10%
Mainly use the tractor and my truck for work around the cottage but we do pull the trailer around behind the RZR when doing any work with it - if needed. Although my son never has any trouble finding something to do with it. :D :wink:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
This is what I do with my Ranger 8)

·
SSW Rally/Event Director
5,153 Posts
:shock: WOW! It looks like the steering wheel stopped you from coming out onto the hood in that last pic'! :lol:

·
Registered Member
5,420 Posts
commanderjjones said:
:shock: WOW! It looks like the steering wheel stopped you from coming out onto the hood in that last pic'! :lol:
Believe it or not I had my seatbelt on :shock: I was a little sore the next day.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
carnivore said:
commanderjjones said:
Believe it or not I had my seatbelt on :shock: I was a little sore the next day.
:shock: Good thing! If you didn't have that helmet on you would still have a knot on that melon! OUCH !! :shock:

·
SSW Support Staff
1,819 Posts
I voted for the RZRs they are 100% trail riding and pleasure.

I do have a full size Ranger and it's 100% work now.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Gas pipeline patrolling and Right of Way maintanence. HEY!!! Somebodys' gotta do it :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have started RV'ing to trap shooting competitions in a 5th wheel and needed a way to travel from RV site to fields. Will also use for Sporting Clays.

Intend to trail ride too.

Already used for carrying firewood - so some work duties too.

Don Verna

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome "dverna" hope you enjoy your ride as much as my wife and I like ours.

Marie and I use our Ranger for tail rides, muddin at the Mounds and transpration while in the Ozarks.

Hey when are we goin' to Silver Lake again.... had a blast there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the welcome! I see we are nearly neighbors.

My girlfriend and I are not into "tough" riding yet - just a couple of old pharts out to have fun. We are hoping to have a weekend trip to Lake county soon to try out the Little Manistee and Lincoln Hills routes. I have been told the trails are "groomed" so we should have a safe and fun ride.

Been working on the XP. Added turn signals and 4 way flashers, removed the factory hardware on the windshield (already rusting and looking crappy) and replaced with stainless steel, added side mirrors, dual gun mount, installed a box in the dump bed for protected storage, Elite 4500 winch is mounted but not wired up yet, dual battery and separator install about 50% complete (hold downs arrived yesterday and need cables).

We bought our XP after the Silver Lake ride so we missed out. If it does not interfere with a shoot, we will do it next year.

Ride safe,

Don

Boy this things are fun.

·
Registered
174 Posts
dverna,

I've heard that you can ride your atv's on the shoulder of conty roads in Lake County? We havent done any trails up there but want to.

What do you mean old phart? Marie and I have been married 43 years and holding hands since 7th grade. Age is nothing when you get into one of these things.... everyone is 16 again.

You and yor family also ride safe.

See you on a trail soon.

·
SSW Director
5,457 Posts
Garry said:
dverna,
I've heard that you can ride your atv's on the shoulder of county roads in Lake County? .
Michigan / Info on ORV's on Michigan County Roads:
http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/MICounties.html

Link referenced from SSW’s ‘Links to Riding Places’ thread:
http://www.sidexsideworld.com/viewforum.php?f=359

·
Registered
174 Posts
RZRRich said:
Garry said:
Michigan / Info on ORV's on Michigan County Roads:
http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/MICounties/MICounties.html

Link referenced from SSW’s ‘Links to Riding Places’ thread: