Side X Side World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I've tested quite a few of the PROCOM ECU's in the past for them. Well I've been testing their NEW programable ECU and just received the Production Unit + the Production Software. Thought, I'd pitch out a few picture from the Manual. So far, it's a piece of cake to make changes to the ECU and as far as Fuel & Timing, YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO, BUT if you're not into Tuning, YOU Should probably forget it, cause IT WILL DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU TELL IT TO DO. I believe that the product is available at the present time, but not sure of the distribution channels.

As I've said in the CLUTCHING series, JUST CAUSE IT WORKS FOR ME, DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT'LL WORK FOR YOU, BUT I LIKE IT....:rofl3::ride:

Naaaa, Don't believe me, Don't Get One and let's RACE for PINK SLIPS. :roll: :wink: :lol:









Sorry if picture quality is NOT TOO Good, I plan on posting some testing
details including better pictures, IF ANYONE"s Interested.

The Backyard Clutch Tester
Bart
 

·
Registered Member
Joined
·
5,420 Posts
I'm definetly interested.
 

·
SSW Support Staff
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
I'm interested, would like to see a programable ECU that can be done at home. That way you don't have to send it off to get remapped everytime you make a modfication on you machine's powertrain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dirty Dawg Dale said:
How do you adjust it?
Dale,
Know that the pics aren't too clear, but 4.2,4.3 writeups below pics pretty much tell you what you can go. There is a USB cable that you attach to your computer, you then load the PROCOM software and pick whatever feature/function that you want to modify. After altering the selected map, you save it on the PC, then download it to the ECU. By doing the above step, you can re-load the map or maps that you previously changed and readjust as necessary.
Am working on some better pic's and will post them in the next couple of days.
Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I figured you had to be downloading a program from your computer on to the ecu. Because I have all the other ones that they made and was not impressed, I have one that will not let the motor run over 6000 rpm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dirty Dawg Dale said:
I figured you had to be downloading a program from your computer on to the ecu. Because I have all the other ones that they made and was not impressed, I have one that will not let the motor run over 6000 rpm.
I have one that will not let the motor run over 6000 rpm SEND IT BACK :lol:
They did have some problems with their earlier models, but this one really appears to work WELL. Do you know of anyone that has any other method rather than DOWNLOADING from the PC? Curious... :roll:
Bart
 

·
SSW Support Staff
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
Bart, Is this the same ECU Procom has somebody selling on Ebay? I was just wondering what the price is going to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pops said:
Bart, Is this the same ECU Procom has somebody selling on Ebay? I was just wondering what the price is going to be.
Mike,
Sorry I missed the post. I haven't been on EBAY in quite a while, so I'm not really certain. Product has probably only been out for about 2 - 3 wks. with limited distribution. I saw a pic of a unit that Dragon Fire was promoting and my guess is that they are a distributor brand naming under their own logo. I believe the MSRP is $299, IF you paid the top, but even at that price it's still a good deal. Did you ever get your exhaust, since I never heard back from you a few weekends ago?
Bart
 

·
SSW Support Staff
Joined
·
1,819 Posts
BlackBart said:
Pops said:
Bart, Is this the same ECU Procom has somebody selling on Ebay? I was just wondering what the price is going to be.
Mike,
Sorry I missed the post. I haven't been on EBAY in quite a while, so I'm not really certain. Product has probably only been out for about 2 - 3 wks. with limited distribution. I saw a pic of a unit that Dragon Fire was promoting and my guess is that they are a distributor brand naming under their own logo. I believe the MSRP is $299, IF you paid the top, but even at that price it's still a good deal. Did you ever get your exhaust, since I never heard back from you a few weekends ago?
Bart
No I didn't buy that exhaust, I ended up buying a complete 2010 "S" factory exhaust. After riding around in mine, I liked the way it sounded and ready didn't plan to get too extreme with the internal upgrades on the regular RZR, thought it might be a good start on the exhaust side.

BTW, the exhaust came in after I returned to work, my wife called and told me that she was going to take my credit card away if I kept this up :) looks like I better get her something really nice for Christmas if I want to keep peace at the house and continue to be able to work on the new and the old RZRs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I have been running the procom RE-E-AP800-A in my 08 700 ranger xp for months now really like it. But i have a ? for you. This new ECU you can increase and decrease the Timing? I picked up a T15 turbo for free and want to turbo my ranger and need a ECU that i can play with but really need one that i can decrease the Timing. So this new one may be what im looking for??? Thanks chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
azcity08xp said:
I have been running the procom RE-E-AP800-A in my 08 700 ranger xp for months now really like it. But i have a ? for you. This new ECU you can increase and decrease the Timing? I picked up a T15 turbo for free and want to turbo my ranger and need a ECU that i can play with but really need one that i can decrease the Timing. So this new one may be what im looking for??? Thanks chad
Chad, with new New Programmable unit you can retard timing up to 10 or 20 degrees. Since I didn't need to retard, I"m not sure as to the maximum number. I can check for you if you're interested. Just let me know.
Bart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pops said:
BlackBart said:
Pops said:
Bart, Is this the same ECU Procom has somebody selling on Ebay? I was just wondering what the price is going to be.
Mike,
Sorry I missed the post. I haven't been on EBAY in quite a while, so I'm not really certain. Product has probably only been out for about 2 - 3 wks. with limited distribution. I saw a pic of a unit that Dragon Fire was promoting and my guess is that they are a distributor brand naming under their own logo. I believe the MSRP is $299, IF you paid the top, but even at that price it's still a good deal. Did you ever get your exhaust, since I never heard back from you a few weekends ago?
Bart
No I didn't buy that exhaust, I ended up buying a complete 2010 "S" factory exhaust. After riding around in mine, I liked the way it sounded and ready didn't plan to get too extreme with the internal upgrades on the regular RZR, thought it might be a good start on the exhaust side.

BTW, the exhaust came in after I returned to work, my wife called and told me that she was going to take my credit card away if I kept this up :) looks like I better get her something really nice for Christmas if I want to keep peace at the house and continue to be able to work on the new and the old RZRs.
Mike,
I believe that you made any excellant pick. The header is definately one of the best designed and in the future if you want to change just the muffler, you are already set.
Bart
 

·
SSW Director
Joined
·
5,457 Posts
Pops said:
BTW, the exhaust came in after I returned to work, my wife called and told me that she was going to take my credit card away if I kept this up :) looks like I better get her something really nice for Christmas if I want to keep peace at the house and continue to be able to work on the new and the old RZRs.
Mike, Buy her something really nice for the RZR bud :idea: . :D :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top